Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

herpes centroplex. nice...

on a related note, I drove thru UCF last night and looped around the new football stadium complex. at night. is it just me, or is that development not like really impressive?

I'm a Gator. but, these guys have an indoor practice field. its huge. we don't have one of those.

the point: I think that UCF getting its own field is a good thing for the city as a whole-- it makes it look more advanced or cosmo (wrong choice of words); ie., it says that hey, UCF has its own stadium and we have a stadium just for bowl games-- whataya think of that.

herpes centroplex. nice...

on a related note, I drove thru UCF last night and looped around the new football stadium complex. at night. is it just me, or is that development not like really impressive?

I'm a Gator. but, these guys have an indoor practice field. its huge. we don't have one of those.

the point: I think that UCF getting its own field is a good thing for the city as a whole-- it makes it look more advanced or cosmo (wrong choice of words); ie., it says that hey, UCF has its own stadium and we have a stadium just for bowl games-- whataya think of that.

On a national scale JRS, I don't know that it would ring that way. UCF's stadium will have a ways to go until has the feel of say "The Swamp." or Doak Campbell. You know, outside of Florida, I don't think many people would actually care that Orlando has a stadium for Bowl Games and one for the major university.

On a national scale JRS, I don't know that it would ring that way. UCF's stadium will have a ways to go until has the feel of say "The Swamp." or Doak Campbell. You know, outside of Florida, I don't think many people would actually care that Orlando has a stadium for Bowl Games and one for the major university.

maybe, maybe not.

but I will say this for UCF. correct me if I'm wrong, but won't UCF be only the 3rd major FLA school with an on-campus stadium? I think just UF and FSU are the others. Not BCC;UM;USF... doubt FIU does (it might); FAU?

I just think that UCF having its own field makes it a complete school athletic-wise, which makes the city better overall.

I also think that the Citrus Bowl being a dedicated bowl games stadium instead of also being the home to a stadium-less school would add to its clout, in the sense that its purpose is to host major games, not games for a second-rate program. Hence, UCF getting its own stadium increases its clout, and if they ever wanted to play a major opponent in the Citrus Bowl, it would be an occasion as opposed to a necessity.

Rose Bowl Website

maybe, maybe not.

but I will say this for UCF. correct me if I'm wrong, but won't UCF be only the 3rd major FLA school with an on-campus stadium? I think just UF and FSU are the others. Not BCC;UM;USF... doubt FIU does (it might); FAU?

I just think that UCF having its own field makes it a complete school athletic-wise, which makes the city better overall.

I also think that the Citrus Bowl being a dedicated bowl games stadium instead of also being the home to a stadium-less school would add to its clout, in the sense that its purpose is to host major games, not games for a second-rate program. Hence, UCF getting its own stadium increases its clout, and if they ever wanted to play a major opponent in the Citrus Bowl, it would be an occasion as opposed to a necessity.

Gotcha. Maybe what we're going for here is a Rose Bowl type stadium.

Edited by mrh3

I was also driving thru U.C.F. last night and saw the stadium. Not impressive at all, but I will agree that it knocks Orlando and U.C.F. up a peg or two having 2 self supporting stadiums. Are there any renderings previously posted on this thread of the new stadium?

Haha, the Citrus Bowl is self-supporting?

maybe, maybe not.

FAMU does.

I was also driving thru U.C.F. last night and saw the stadium. Not impressive at all, but I will agree that it knocks Orlando and U.C.F. up a peg or two having 2 self supporting stadiums. Are there any renderings previously posted on this thread of the new stadium?

I don't think its impressive per se either; its just that going from nothing to dorms, dencshe center, stadium, convocation center, and new practice fields all at the same time is an impressive endeavor.

and you hit the nail on the head--- having 2 independently supported stadium venues (more or less);

UCF is shaking the stigma of a commuter school fast. that was a negative stigma for ORL as well; the aura of cheapness;

I thought it was just a surface lot.

It's a small building or two and a tiny surface lot. So the city knows something that we don't about a 550-space garage going in here. I wouldn't get too excited about a tower here, as it's most likely just a new garage...though it's possible that something comparable to the size of neighboring Lincoln could go in on top of it.