RIP spenser1058

Jernigan

17 hours ago, jliv said:

I always read his posts (in my head) in the voice of a scruffy, older gentleman stepping up to the mic in a Gators trucker cap at a city council meeting to complain about the "shenanigans" of the local politicians, and how they destroyed his hometown.

That's funny because I do that a lot, too.  If I interact with someone online a lot and haven't met them I sort of assign them a persona.  When I read their posts it comes out in my head as that persona.  I don't do it with everyone, but someone that I spend a lot of time interacting with usually winds up with one whether I want it or not.

My persona for Spense was Captain Kangaroo.

Before anyone asks, there is no one else on this forum that I currently have a mental persona for.  The brief time we had with Reality messing up the forum I did visualize him (I think it was a him?) as Jean Girard, the Sasha Baron Cohen French NASCAR driver character from Talladega Nights

For humor purposes only, sometimes I read jrs2's more outlandish posts as if they were written by Larry the Cable Guy, but certainly not all of them, only the really aggressive ones.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

That's funny because I do that a lot, too.  If I interact with someone online a lot and haven't met them I sort of assign them a persona.  When I read their posts it comes out in my head as that persona.  I don't do it with everyone, but someone that I spend a lot of time interacting with usually winds up with one whether I want it or not.

Before anyone asks, there is no one else on this forum that I currently have a mental persona for.  The brief time we had with Reality messing up the forum I did visualize him (I think it was a him?) as Jean Girard, the Sasha Baron Cohen French NASCAR driver character from Talladega Nights

For humor purposes only, sometimes I read jrs2's more outlandish posts as if they were written by Larry the Cable Guy, but certainly not all of them, only the really aggressive ones.

LMFAO!  

I've decided to start mellowing out, or rather, staying mellow.   From now on it's just gonna be Pink Unicorns ridden by the Lucky Charms Leprechaun pooping out Kellogg's blueberry pop-tarts by the Keebler cookie factory tree, as Keebler Elves eat Skittles. 

Spenser was a good cat.  He had his issues, as do we all. 

Oh, God...those really aggressive posts I made here and there...too  much Lindt 100% Bitter Dark...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

LMFAO!  

I've decided to start mellowing out, or rather, staying mellow.   From now on it's just gonna be Pink Unicorns ridden by the Lucky Charms Leprechaun pooping out Kellogg's blueberry pop-tarts by the Keebler cookie factory tree, as Keebler Elves eat Skittles. 

Spenser was a good cat.  He had his issues, as do we all. 

Oh, God...those really aggressive posts I made here and there...too  much Lindt 100% Bitter Dark...

It happens.

grd.jpg

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2023 at 7:58 AM, HankStrong said:

I always thought Jeff would sound like Scott Joesph. I don't know why but the was the voice in my head. 

• Haha 1

A little off topic and because I think it's time for the "guilty" party to fess up🙃

If I'm not mistaken, didn't spenser have a crush on one of our fellow UP members? I remember there were noncommital plans for a group get-together that never came to fruition... unless they really did meet up and that was how the spenser's unrequited love  connection was formed? This inquiring mind wants to know!🧐😁

On 4/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, nite owℓ said:

A little off topic and because I think it's time for the "guilty" party to fess up🙃

If I'm not mistaken, didn't spenser have a crush on one of our fellow UP members? I remember there were noncommital plans for a group get-together that never came to fruition... unless they really did meet up and that was how the spenser's unrequited love  connection was formed? This inquiring mind wants to know!🧐😁

Juicy gossip?  What the?

I think we definitely need more info.  I was completely oblivious to this. 

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, nite owℓ said:

28 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Juicy gossip?  What the?

I think we definitely need more info.  I was completely oblivious to this. 

I recall how he occasionally expressed an attraction to some of our local Orange County firefighters, but I don't recall him ever expressing a similar interest in anyone here.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I recall how he occasionally expressed an attraction to some of our local Orange County firefighters, but I don't recall him ever expressing a similar interest in anyone here.  

I'm assuming it would be a member of the UP gay community.  No matter how many times I suggested he and jrs2 get a room, I don't picture Spense as the type to try that sort of approach.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I'm assuming it would be a member of the UP gay community.  No matter how many times I suggested he and jrs2 get a room, I don't picture Spense as the type to try that sort of approach.

...as my gay administrative assistant has proven time and again, it don't matter if they're gay or straight, because over the past few years, he made quite a few straight men bent...oh the stories...(we have a "By all means say gay" policy in our office).

that being said, Spenser never blocked my deplorable a55, God bless him.  we had a few things in common which is why I think...that and my charm...

yeah...I have a good friend (gay friend) from up north that isn't into the whole Bar Codes & Hank's thing either...I don't get it, but, to each their own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Nope, not that. I remember trying to convince him firefighters and paramedics are actually pretty gorgeous these days (I cross paths quite often with them for work). Shortly after, he became a convert after witnessesing them for himself lol.

I'm referring to something spenser said long ago (a fleeting comment, possibly in jest). I'm pretty sure it was directed at a UP member... @prahaboheme was it you?? 😇

14 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Nope, not that. I remember trying to convince him firefighters and paramedics are actually pretty gorgeous these days (I cross paths quite often with them for work). Shortly after, he became a convert after witnessesing them for himself lol.

I'm referring to something spenser said long ago (a fleeting comment, possibly in jest). I'm pretty sure it was directed at a UP member... @prahaboheme was it you?? 😇

This banter SO reminds me of CompuWho (I'm pretty sure Spenser was on CompuWho back in the day).  

I'm not sure why this thread got banished, because it was out in the main area for everyone to see?????

In the entirety of UP, Orlando and Grand Rapids are the only two forums with any vague sort of regular activity.  There are about 6 or 7 forums with a handful of posts in the last MONTH and the majority of forums with not a single post in 6 months (or 6 years) so I'm not sure why that doesn't earn us at least a tiny bit of leeway when a beloved poster dies.

22 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

It's plausible it was me -- I cannot confirm or deny. 🤫

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 11:02 PM, nite owℓ said:

I make my rounds downtown...with my walking buddy...he sees what he likes, I see what I like, and we compare notes...he's disgusted by what I like...but I can appreciate what he likes and occasionally nudge him in the ribs if he is about to miss a looksee; likewise he does the same.

based on recent developments...be sure not to discount the Boys in Blue on bicycles...they seem to be a thing as well lately...

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I make my rounds downtown...with my walking buddy...he sees what he likes, I see what I like, and we compare notes...he's disgusted by what I like...but I can appreciate what he likes and occasionally nudge him in the ribs if he is about to miss a looksee; likewise he does the same.

based on recent developments...be sure not to discount the Boys in Blue on bicycles...they seem to be a thing as well lately...

Welcome back to the 90s, folks!

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2023 at 2:05 PM, HankStrong said:

I'm not sure why this thread got banished, because it was out in the main area for everyone to see?????

In the entirety of UP, Orlando and Grand Rapids are the only two forums with any vague sort of regular activity.  There are about 6 or 7 forums with a handful of posts in the last MONTH and the majority of forums with not a single post in 6 months (or 6 years) so I'm not sure why that doesn't earn us at least a tiny bit of leeway when a beloved poster dies.

LMFAO!  Orlando, former home of The One who didn't really care for the Boys from Grand Rapids...how ironic...

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 9:05 PM, prahaboheme said:

It's plausible it was me -- I cannot confirm or deny. 🤫

I knew it! I have a terrible memory, but I remember odd things and little details...

Well if that's all you can say, then I won't pursue it further. All in good fun to lighten up the mood. Just wanted to say I was right lol

Edited by nite owℓ