55 West

Tim3167

Giant neon fish? Seems kind of gaudy for (downtown) Orlando.

IMO it would be a bit gaudy for a "Central Business District" per se, but not when you think of an urban living environment. With Solaire, 55W, Presidential, and all the residents moving in, the area becomes a real people place, and if they include a fish market along with the sea food restaraunt, I think the fish could really great be part of an urban atmosphere.

Edited by cwetteland

Just an update on the work going on here. I walked down Church St on 12/23 and there has been some work going on. You can actually see through parts of what was Church St Market and into the garage behind it. Doesn't look like some kids threw bricks anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances that we'll see construction start immediately after demo is completed? Don't they already have materials ready or did I read that about another project? I just hope there isn't a pause between the two phases.

Im sure they have the foundation package awarded already. I wouldn't excpect any delay in the construction.

I still think that building would have been better suited to the old Lynx Bus depot site across Pine St. with Church St. Market just getting some minor renovations. But that's just my humble opinion.

-_-

I'm assuming by building you mean 55west? I never thought about it over there but your right it would have been a solid fit with the O-rena so close to that location. However, with the current location I think we will all be grateful with the almost immeadiate cluster being created by Suntrust, Plaza, and 55west. Its pretty much overnight density.

Edited by orlandonative

Those pictures are rockin'...though, how did they make it into the 55 West thread? I guess maybe so that we can start fantasizing about how crazy that view will be once the Plaza and 55W are done.

You know, I was trying to figure out where that view was from. Copper Whopper will have some stellar views from every angle once all our projecteds are done...the cluster in your pictures, the Dynetech/Vue cluster from the next angle, then PBLT/BoA/Courthouse...man oh man.

and speaking of fantasizing, I was day-dreaming today about being downtown in 5 or 6 years with someone new to Orlando and saying, "You know, when I moved here, CLNI, CLNII, City Hall, The Plaza, 55W, Tradition Towers, Dynetech, The Vue, the Courthouse, PBLT, Ivanhoe, Sanctuary, Thorton Park Central, Paramount, Waverly...none of that was here." Not to even mention all the infill...

Edited by uncreativeusername