55 West

Tim3167

Agreed. And besides, it's not exactly like they've been twiddling their thumbs recently. See photos above. Yes, they took their dear sweet time and caused major angst/panic attacks on all sides, but the cranes should be standing in short order. Better late than never.

And welcome to the forum, patriot06!

55 West ready to rise

Work gets under way on the project as nearly three-quarters of the condos are already sold.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

Three years after it was first proposed, construction of the 55 West condominium tower in downtown Orlando is under way and headed for completion in spring 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, the foundations are being dissected out of the ground by those tractors and what not-- the lot is really clearing up well.

55W should break ground before Paramount and Dynetech, right?

I drove by last night and they have the heavy machinery out. I dont see the tower cranes being erected this month as I was previously told, but it shouldn't be long before we see the newly famous augercast pile drill doing its thing.

As far as Dynetech and Parmount go, it should definetly breakground first *stops to remember which project he's comparing them to* <_< .

Dynetech is litterally down to days. There were some last minute abatement issues that were being handled, but it's all good now.

Edited by orlandonative

I drove by last night and they have the heavy machinery out. I dont see the tower cranes being erected this month as I was previously told, but it shouldn't be long before we see the newly famous augercast pile drill doing its thing.

As far as Dynetech and Parmount go, it should definetly breakground first *stops to remember which project he's comparing them to* <_< .

Dynetech is litterally down to days. There were some last minute abatement issues that were being handled, but it's all good now.

down to days? holy S**t! that's exciting. I used to use Auger on Twisted Metal.

Up until now, I was always under the impression that they were going to demo the whole thing. Now it looks they have started building small planters in the area right in front of there? I guess if money was an issue they might have thought about refurbishing what they had? It might explain some of the recent delays in the design phase.

Up until now, I was always under the impression that they were going to demo the whole thing. Now it looks they have started building small planters in the area right in front of there? I guess if money was an issue they might have thought about refurbishing what they had? It might explain some of the recent delays in the design phase.

It does seem that we here in orlando prefer to demolish anything and everything rather than refurbing. Not that I'm against demo/leveling when appropriate (eg. that church of Nazzerine (sp) on Jackson), but look at Lou Pearlman's new lounge on Church St. It's got a very old-world (at least old-world to me :D ) feeling. I like that place a LOT. I'm all for modern, hip spaces. But variety is key IMO.

Okay, I'm getting off my horse now! :rolleyes:

It does seem that we here in orlando prefer to demolish anything and everything rather than refurbing. Not that I'm against demo/leveling when appropriate (eg. that church of Nazzerine (sp) on Jackson), but look at Lou Pearlman's new lounge on Church St. It's got a very old-world (at least old-world to me :D ) feeling. I like that place a LOT. I'm all for modern, hip spaces. But variety is key IMO.

Okay, I'm getting off my horse now! :rolleyes: