55 West

Tim3167

Folks, a 1250 SF 'Flagler' City Residence at 55W starts at $600,000. That's $500/SF.

One would, IMHO, have to be certifiable to pay $500/SF in Orlando, particularly for what will be mid-level apartment construction quality.

One can currently get a very nice 2200 SF 3/2 with recent mods in College Park for $550,000.

Utterly ridiculous.

Folks, a 1250 SF 'Flagler' City Residence at 55W starts at $600,000. That's $500/SF.

One would, IMHO, have to be certifiable to pay $500/SF in Orlando, particularly for what will be mid-level apartment construction quality.

One can currently get a very nice 2200 SF 3/2 with recent mods in College Park for $550,000.

Utterly ridiculous.

Those are the LATEST prices... I know I was looking at a Flagler unit about two years or so ago when the project was announced... I believe on the 12th floor it was about $350,000. I put my reservation down, and right before we were supposed to go to contract they raised the price by about 15%. I pulled out (thank god). But I'm sure many held in there. I am guessing that you are seeing the prices for the very last of the units. Hell, look @ the Vue. They have about 1 or 2 left of most floor plans and they are literally 2x as expensive as when they started taking reservations a year and a half ago!

Lesson here: BUY EARLY. Almost all buildings jack the prices WAY up on their last few units (and like YOU wouldn't?) :P

The problem is that when they dont get your condo built in time (or built at all), they dont have to responsible for anything.

You have paid a non-refundable deposit after the recision period which means you cannot get out of the contract anymore. At least, not without any financial 'damage'. Surely that is not just a one-way street? You enter into a contract with the developer, you pay a non-ref deposit and he can default without any compensation to the buyer??? No, I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

So whats the latest update on this project? Its rediculous that this project has still not even begun construction, Premiere Trade Plaza just down the street was proposed well AFTER 55W was started and its already nearly complete! Whats wrong with 55W? If I was one of the depositers for 55W I would be demanding an immediate start of full construction or my money back!

So whats the latest update on this project? Its rediculous that this project has still not even begun construction, Premiere Trade Plaza just down the street was proposed well AFTER 55W was started and its already nearly complete! Whats wrong with 55W? If I was one of the depositers for 55W I would be demanding an immediate start of full construction or my money back!

I think the previous 23 pages more than address this.