Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

If we had better city leadership, perhaps there would be a drive to parking garage/redevelop more of the surface parking lots downtown by now.  One good parking structure off the square and some additional street parking (like Block, but pull-in rather than back-in) and the square area would have enough parking to support redeveloping more of the empty lots presently used for parking.

East Ave should be redone like Block, only with pull-in parking.  The reconfiguration of Block added several parking spots, and made it easier to "do" the Square area for various purposes.  The street becomes a sort of "parking lot" itself.  Its a good thing, IMO.  Mountain could be done like that west of the square, too.  All of the one-way streets downtown should get that treatment.  

Edited by wmr

If we had better city leadership, perhaps there would be a drive to parking garage/redevelop more of the surface parking lots downtown by now.  One good parking structure off the square and some additional street parking (like Block, but pull-in rather than back-in) and the square area would have enough parking to support redeveloping more of the empty lots presently used for parking.

East Ave should be redone like Block, only with pull-in parking.  The reconfiguration of Block added several parking spots, and made it easier to "do" the Square area for various purposes.  The street becomes a sort of "parking lot" itself.  Its a good thing, IMO.  Mountain could be done like that west of the square, too.  All of the one-way streets downtown should get that treatment.  

Where did I post that parking deck with the façade at.

post-29082-0-60874000-1425689270_thumb.j

Edited by TRB

I just wanted to add something about the Natural Grocers opening here tomorrow.

I lived in Albuquerque from 2011-2013 and this was one of my go to stores. The stores there were very nice and provided an enjoyable experience.

ABQ had Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and Natural Grocers to choose from, and while it's not Trader Joes, I believe Fayetteville will be pleasantly surprised by this addition. I encourage you guys to check it out. Hopefully it will be to the same standard I remember.

I just wanted to add something about the Natural Grocers opening here tomorrow.

I lived in Albuquerque from 2011-2013 and this was one of my go to stores. The stores there were very nice and provided an enjoyable experience.

ABQ had Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and Natural Grocers to choose from, and while it's not Trader Joes, I believe Fayetteville will be pleasantly surprised by this addition. I encourage you guys to check it out. Hopefully it will be to the same standard I remember.

My sister lives in Albueqerque and loves them as well.  She's been excited that we're getting one over here.  So she can shop them whenever she's over here visiting.

Yeah I went there earlier today, just to check it out and use the coupon they mailed around town.  Nice store, though that parking lot was even worse than usual today.  Interesting how this space got filled so quickly, but the old Hastings is still empty.  Guy at the front said they were soft open Sunday and Monday.

• Like 1

Yeah I went there earlier today, just to check it out and use the coupon they mailed around town.  Nice store, though that parking lot was even worse than usual today.  Interesting how this space got filled so quickly, but the old Hastings is still empty.  Guy at the front said they were soft open Sunday and Monday.

Would be nice to see something in the former Hastings bldg.  But there's already a Harps in that shopping center.  So doubt we'll see another grocery store there.

That entire shopping center needs redone.and it starts with a realignment of Appleby to meet Rolling Hills. The parking lot is used as a De facto city street to facilitate that now as no one is turning left off of Appleby to head north on College with the traffic flow that's there during most business hours. That would actually open up more pad sites as there's way too much surface parking for the types of businesses there and the layout is horrendously bad with no real sense of flow. Big Lots as a chain seems to be struggling so there's a question mark on it's longevity as well. That AMC theater is a monument to the 80s. It needs a major redo or I'd suggest a new location off Wedington. How many folks realize it's even back there and still open especially since they have removed the now showing listings from the sign out front. Or is it, it's been a few months since I actually checked.

Edited by TRB
  • Like 3

That entire shopping center needs redone.and it starts with a realignment of Appleby to meet Rolling Hills. The parking lot is used as a De facto city street to facilitate that now as no one is turning left off of Appleby to head north on College with the traffic flow that's there during most business hours. That would actually open up more pad sites as there's way too much surface parking for the types of businesses there and the layout is horrendously bad with no real sense of flow. Big Lots as a chain seems to be struggling so there's a question mark on it's longevity as well. That AMC theater is a monument to the 80s. It needs a major redo or I'd suggest a new location off Wedington. How many folks realize it's even back there and still open especially since they have removed the now showing listings from the sign out front. Or is it, it's been a few months since I actually checked.

They put a new sign up there that looks like it would handle the current movies but they just put on there that you can buy tickets online.  I personally think they should of went digital to make it much easier to change and more attractive.  That would of be too expensive I'm sure.  I would love to see Malco build another theater near the interstate and Wedington area.  Or actually I wish Warren Theaters would build one in Fayetteville.  If you have never been to one you should check them out, they have one in Broken Arrow and another amazing one in Moore, OK.  Best theater I have ever been too by far.

http://www.warrentheatres.com/index.asp

There's a new 8,100 sqft retail center coming to Wedington. I read something about this being an AT&T store as well as space for one or two more tenants.

ftp://ftp.accessfayetteville.org/Published/Development%20Review/01_Tech%20Plat%20Agendas%20and%20Plats/15-5002%20C1%20Site%20Plan%20(LSD-JRN%20Center).pdf

maybe the Flyer will do a little research on what else might be coming here

There's a new 8,100 sqft retail center coming to Wedington. I read something about this being an AT&T store as well as space for one or two more tenants.

ftp://ftp.accessfayetteville.org/Published/Development%20Review/01_Tech%20Plat%20Agendas%20and%20Plats/15-5002%20C1%20Site%20Plan%20(LSD-JRN%20Center).pdf

maybe the Flyer will do a little research on what else might be coming here

Is this what is going in next to the Starbucks that is currently under construction?  I can see Black Forest Drive to the south of it and did notice sold signs on the lot to the west of Starbucks.

Is this what is going in next to the Starbucks that is currently under construction?  I can see Black Forest Drive to the south of it and did notice sold signs on the lot to the west of Starbucks.

Yes, it's also the same developers, Haag Brown out of Jonesboro.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see how this sways the politics of Fayetteville....

Southern Baptist Convention Relocating to Fayetteville

posted Tuesday, April 1, 2015

Tags: SBCRonnie Floyd

SPRINGDALE, Ark. (BP) – In a move that has surprised many in the Baptist faith community, Ronnie Floyd (Senior Pastor at Cross Church, with campuses located in Springdale, Fayetteville, and Rogers, Arkansas) announced today that the Southern Baptist Convention world headquarters will relocate from Nashville, Tennessee to Fayetteville, Arkansas.  The move caught many off guard, as the state of Arkansas has recently been caught up in numerous political storms centering on religion.  “We feel the political landscape in Fayetteville will benefit from a greater presence of those in the conservative community.”  Mr. Justin Harris, a political leader from the area, was quoted as saying.  He went on to say the move could "cast the demons out" of the local government.  The new headquarters will be located on the yet to be built Cross Church Fayetteville campus and will potentially employ hundreds of conservatives from various evangelist faiths.  

Edited by bubba72704

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I'm new here but I'd really love to start getting involved.

So I go to the University of Arkansas and, on my way to my office this morning, I noticed there was a groundbreaking ceremony for a long-time empty lot on N Lindel Avenue taking place. I took several pictures to try to give some context.

As you can see, there was a board up that I believe presented a concept for what was being built, but I did not have time to wander around back in order to see it.

Does anyone have any knowledge on what this is or what is going up here?

20150412_144147.jpg20150412_144144.jpg20150412_144149.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum kiewies.  I think (but I'm not positive) that this was the groundbreaking for the expansion/relocation of the Wesley Foundation, the Methodist student organization that's currently in a building on Maple street. 

I think you're right.  Their former building was demolished to make way for Phi Mu.

• 3 weeks later...

I am hearing some talk of a local company that might be buying the Razorback Golf Course and doing something there.  Not sure if it is going to redevelop the golf course and add more housing or apartments or what.  There is also about 100 acres to the SW of the golf course that might be part of the plan.  The northern half of the golf course is low and always floods so I don't see them doing much on that end.  Since I live in that area I am pretty interested in anyone has heard anything.  

Looks like another giant Lindsey Apartment complex if it does happen.  It is still in the planning phases and there will be no more Razorback Golf Course as well.  Not what I wanted the view off of my back porch to be but that's the way it goes.

I do hope that it is something a little different then their standard complexes but we will see...

• Like 1