Greenville Skyline Renderings?

Greenville

Ok, from the view from Eastlan Baptist Church across from Greenville Tech, here's my skyline as it should be in 5 years? I need to get photoshop, but for now hand drawings will have to do!

JANUARY055.jpg

1. Tower at Falls and Broad

2. Camperdown Condominiums

3. Riverplace tower

4. Main at McBee (this is still on isnt it? Just on hold...?)

5. The Pinnacle

6. Federal Court House

Hopefully some of these will have more dramatic tops, but you can atleast expect this much! :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job, GvilleSC! :D You can add the 12-story Keystone, LLC building to that as well. It will go at the corner of Spring and McBee. The developers have said that they will build this tower regardless of whether or not they are able to obtain the property currently occupied by the vacant Kimbrell's Furniture store. I hope we'll also receive information on Bob Ellis's second tower (14-stories) and the 15-20-story MCA Architecture tower once proposed for Main at Broad. Hope we see a snowball effect with all the new residential happening today. :shades:

Great job, GvilleSC! :D You can add the 12-story Keystone, LLC building to that as well. It will go at the corner of Spring and McBee. The developers have said that they will build this tower regardless of whether or not they are able to obtain the property currently occupied by the vacant Kimbrell's Furniture store. I hope we'll also receive information on Bob Ellis's second tower (14-stories) and the 15-20-story MCA Architecture tower once proposed for Main at Broad. Hope we see a snowball effect with all the new residential happening today. :shades:

ahhh, i saw that on your list, but i was confused as to what it was so i left it off-- the Spring and McBee tower. I'm really excited about this one because being across from the Bookends, it's going to create an awesome canyon effect. I hope the ball gets rolling on this one.

I am out of the loop! What's this about a 12-story Keystone, LLC building at Spring and McBee? Any idea where Bob Ellis's second tower would go? I recall it being mentioned that he might build a second one (what is his first one, BTW?), but have not heard where it could be.

I totally forgot about the 15-20 story tower at Main and Broad across from the Peace Center. That is a prime spot for such a building. Didn't the developers say that project is off, though?

The 15-20 story tower originally proposed for Main and Broad was eliminated because of a terrible land dispute for some rediculous reason, however the developer told reporters that they plan to find another location in downtown to build it. Haven't heard anything serious yet.

Bob Ellis designed The Pinnacle on Main.

The Keystone, LLC tower is the one caught up in the Design and Preservation appeals "court" because a City-appointed group voted to protect the former Kimbrells furniture building, citing it has architectural significance. I totally disagree with them, but haven't heard anything in awhile.

It is stupid that a building as ugly and unimportant as the Kimbrell's building is even being considered to have any architectural significance. That building is an eyesore and the city should jump at the chance to let someone improve that location in a progressive way. Just for grins, I would like to know exactly how many people in Greenville feel a deep sense of attachment to the Kimbrell's building and view it as an architectural masterpiece. I bet we could count 'em on one hand, and I bet at least one of them is named "Kimbrell."

This is seriously the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. It was bad enough that this was an issue, but to STILL not have it resolved is downright pathetic.

This is seriously the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. It was bad enough that this was an issue, but to STILL not have it resolved is downright pathetic.

exactly! couldnt have said it better myself.

wasnt there a sort of compromise that dealt with a glass wall incorporating Kimbrell's architecture or something? I had actually forgotten about this, i thought it was done with...

hopefully Piazza Bergamo wont take this long :shok:

wasnt there a sort of compromise that dealt with a glass wall incorporating Kimbrell's architecture or something? I had actually forgotten about this, i thought it was done with...

Yea - there was a mention of some sort of glass wall that was etched to mimic the Kimbrell's facade or something along those lines...the tower was going to sit well back from the glass structure with a court yard of some sort in between. I'd love to actually see some renderings of this concept if there are any floating around out there. *HINT* :silly:

The tower on the right is actually the same one on the left. I added a dome top and some dark glass to change the appeal and give us a variation. I agree, this is what we need to give Greenville a truly unique (signature) skyline. No more plain boxes! A simple top like the one on the left is a world apart from all of our towers save the Poinsett Plaza. :thumbsup:

Very cool, Skyliner! I like the color of the sky also!

Even if we are a long time from 40-50 story towers, I would still be thrilled to have more of the 15-20 story towers with a few 20-30 story towers thrown in for good measure. While the first really tall skyscraper in Greenville will be great, I am looking forward to more density in the 15-30 story range. That would make for some great postcards, anyway. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

So I guess today was a rather cler day. Was on hgihway 290 in Greer and was sitting at the light at Fairview Baptist Church and I looked left and could very clearly see Downtown Greenville's Skyline. Which I supposed makes sense since from Paris Mountain you can see the Greer Water Towers.

So I guess today was a rather cler day. Was on hgihway 290 in Greer and was sitting at the light at Fairview Baptist Church and I looked left and could very clearly see Downtown Greenville's Skyline. Which I supposed makes sense since from Paris Mountain you can see the Greer Water Towers.

You can definitely see downtown Greenville on a clear day from there. I've noticed that in the past when we're driving to or from that area. The view of the mountains from the new church there is outstanding, too. One of these crystal clear days, I'm going to pull into that little burger place there (can't remember the name), park, have a burger, and get out and walk around to take some photos.

While we're on the subject, check out this view from the radio towers on top of Paris Mountain:

Archived