Electric Vehicles

DMann

56 minutes ago, TheMightyBK said:

Stop making sense

6 hours ago, davidclt said:

I also computed the energy costs for the Hyundai (assuming $.50/kWh for EvGo/ElectrifyAmerica) since ABRP didn't have pricing for each charger and the total came out to $103 for the energy. I would imagine as charging infrastructure gets built out, providers will begin to compete on price.

Average gas prices this week are $3.60 a gallon. I'll give $.20/gallon (so $3.40/gallon) and will assume a vehicle getting 30 MPG for a 910 miles trip . . . so 30.3 gallons of fuel for the trip is $103 in fuel. A wash in cost but higher carbon costs. Driving a vehicle that gets 20 MPG raises the costs to $145 in fuel costs.

What always gets lost in these calculations are the maintenance costs.  I just spent 4 k on engine repairs on my diesel van, while my wife has spent nada on her LEAF for the same period of ownership. ( That 4 k does not include normal items like oil change, radiator flush, etc.) 

There is almost nothing to break down on these cars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/16/2024 at 2:19 PM, carolinaboy said:

Tesla laid off 10% of their workforce. Don't know if that was company-wide or at a plant in Austin. Haven't had a chance to read the article.....just saw a headline.

Company wide (reportedly around 14k workers affected). 

Just a couple months ago I was of the opinion that Tesla would be virtually guaranteed to survive the ongoing shift to EVs.  Now, I'm honestly not sure.  Musk has rapidly gone way off the rails, and might single-handedly torpedo Tesla if his ridiculously obscene compensation package is reinstated.  He already fired the entire Supercharger team in addition to huge cuts in other departments.

The longer Musk is in charge at Tesla, the more uncertain its future is.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nicholas said:

Company wide (reportedly around 14k workers affected). 

Just a couple months ago I was of the opinion that Tesla would be virtually guaranteed to survive the ongoing shift to EVs.  Now, I'm honestly not sure.  Musk has rapidly gone way off the rails, and might single-handedly torpedo Tesla if his ridiculously obscene compensation package is reinstated.  He already fired the entire Supercharger team in addition to huge cuts in other departments.

The longer Musk is in charge at Tesla, the more uncertain its future is.

For what it's worth, I voted my shares against the board . . .

Here's how you voted:

1a. Election of Class II Director to serve for a three-year term expiring in 2027: James Murdoch

You Voted: Against

1b. Election of Class II Director to serve for a three-year term expiring in 2027: Kimbal Musk

2. A Tesla proposal to approve executive compensation on a non-binding advisory basis.

3. A Tesla proposal to approve the redomestication of Tesla from Delaware to Texas by conversion.

4. A Tesla proposal to ratify the 100% performance-based stock option award to Elon Musk that was proposed to and approved by our stockholders in 2018.

5. A Tesla proposal to ratify the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Tesla's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2024.

6. A stockholder proposal regarding reduction of director terms to one year, if properly presented.

You Voted: For

7. A stockholder proposal regarding simple majority voting provisions in our governing documents, if properly presented.

8. A stockholder proposal regarding annual reporting on anti-harassment and discrimination efforts, if properly presented.

9. A stockholder proposal regarding adoption of a freedom of association and collective bargaining policy, if properly presented.

10. A stockholder proposal regarding reporting on effects and risks associated with electromagnetic radiation and wireless technologies, if properly presented.

11. A stockholder proposal regarding adopting targets and reporting on metrics to assess the feasibility of integrating sustainability metrics into senior executive compensation plans, if properly presented.

12. A stockholder proposal regarding committing to a moratorium on sourcing minerals from deep sea mining, if properly presented.

• Thanks 1