SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

@CLT Development@KJHburg1.75 acres was just bought on Remount and Tryon, across from Brookehill. Where Cheap Joes is. It went for 9.5.  This seems like high rise potential especially with the rezone. Thoughts? 

https://charlotte.axios.com/297684/local-developer-buys-four-sites-at-the-corner-of-south-tryon-and-remount-road/

Providence Group has been landbanking properties in Southend for a while.  I am sure they will market it in the future for a mixed use development if not high rise at least high density.  They have been involved in lots of land sales in Southend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Wow - that Tower could be started later this year according to the article.  I didn’t think there would be demand for large office space this far down in SouthEnd.  Maybe from north of Remount Rd but I didn’t think south of Remount would pop with office until much later in SouthEnd’s adolescence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Wow - that Tower could be started later this year according to the article.  I didn’t think there would be demand for large office space this far down in SouthEnd.  Maybe from north of Remount Rd but I didn’t think south of Remount would pop with office until much later in SouthEnd’s adolescence.

They are surprisingly one of the ones I've been told is "Likely" from a close confidant. I was pretty surprised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, j-man said:

This apartment, like so many in recent years seem to be in the wrong neighborhood. This looks more suited for South Park. Not terrible but not thrilling either.  

That’s interesting to think about.   Prior to that big apartment complex across from Crate&Barrel being built, I think a lot of people would have said “that’s in the wrong neighborhood.  That is more suited to SouthEnd than SouthPark.”  All a matter of perspective, I guess.  :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cha said:

^ That design might have been nice 15 years ago, is just played out now. Southend will just resemble a commie block in not too long if we keep slapping up paper mache low/mid rise with "edgy shapes" at the corner.  Hoping for some individuality for once in Southend apartment design.  Atherton Mill has been one of the few to do it right IMO.

An improvement over a burger joint surrounded by surface parking, at least

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

^ That design might have been nice 15 years ago, is just played out now. Southend will just resemble a commie block in not too long if we keep slapping up paper mache low/mid rise with "edgy shapes" at the corner.  Hoping for some individuality for once in Southend apartment design.  Atherton Mill has been one of the few to do it right IMO.

Paris has a general architecture as well doesn’t look Soviet Block like… I understand what you’re saying and I agree though, it really is getting a bit much with these designs. At least they aren’t entirely copy paste and made entirely out of concrete. That gives them variety in terms of color and overall shape. Would like to see more micro adjustments and more details but as long as that adds cost some developers only see that as a burden. This far out though I wouldn’t expect much more than a mid rise for now. Southend is slowly creeping into high rises as it runs out of land so more creative design should surely come with that I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Second, the Company has agreed to acquire a mixed-use development site located at 1426 South Tryon Street in the heart of Charlotte’s dynamic South End submarket for $27 million. 1426 South Tryon is tentatively planned for a mixed-use development consisting of approximately 300,000 square feet of future office and 250 apartment units. The site’s existing low-rise building totaling 24,000 square feet is 57% leased to customers on short-term leases.

The acquisition of 1426 South Tryon, which is also subject to customary closing conditions, is scheduled to close in the second quarter. The Company has posted earnest money deposits in the amount of $6.1 million that are non-refundable except in limited circumstances.

By the way, the land sale did close a few weeks ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1