SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

14 hours ago, RANYC said:

Would be great to incorporate the gallery into this building.  South End needs it, frankly.  Urbanize this corner and make it mixed-use and more pedestrian-connected, and this will be a great step forward for South End and frankly, for the Gallery I would wager.

The owner of OmShera's wife is very involved in the Arts so *fingers crossed* 

• Like 2

Judging by the half dozen burnout-doughnut-skid marks on Camden this morning it seems clear this has become a new (more likely I am only just now noticing) street racing spot. 

All the more reason to close it to cars.

The doughnuts were impressively symmetrical

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RANYC said:

Is that lot being asked about because there’s site clearing or other activity on it?  Is development imminent?

just the background work through NC Brownfields program. No site clearing on it but they started this process a while back so it should be getting closer to completion.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I drove past the intersection of Remount/Ideal and South boulevard today and wondered about the former gas station, pawn/We Buy Gold store. It was purchased in April, 2023. This parcel completes an assemblage of three parcels with 2610 South and the parcel  of 125 Remount which goes to the light rail line property. This is 1.68 acres total rectangle. Owner is Summit Avenue South Boulevard Llc with address in that building address which is the long building stretching from Tryon back to Wooden Robot.

edit: I post in History topic about the many current uses of former gas stations which disappeared suddenly in 1973-74

Edited by videtur quam contuor
  • Like 1