Military Circle Redevelopment

vdogg

On 11/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, vdogg said:

Of course delayed for another "study"... I don't even have the energy to discuss this now, just completely uninterested. I'm not paying any further attention to anything they say until piles are being driven into the ground. Rudderless, helpless, hopeless, feckless, such is Norfolk City Council. I'm done.

Can’t go by piles being driven after the Granby towers debacle 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:12 PM, vdogg said:

Yes, they've seen the site. No, they're not purposely tiptoeing around suggestions. They're not going to make decisions based on what a handful of people say on a website. We are but a minority in a sea of voices in this region, and many of us (myself included) are not Norfolk residents and therefore are not constituents and have no official say in the process. I firmly believe that they feel they're making the right choices in the governance of this city, but that's not going to stop me from calling for new blood on city council. All we can do is express opinions, just like anyone else, and hope that at least one of our suggestions is taken to heart. I was very pleased with how they decided to hold the Pamunkey's feet to the fire and made them adhere to the original agreement. That was new, and I believe that was due to, in large part, some of the criticism they received for past decisions.

Yea I understand. I did think some of them checked here but I wasnt sure. Im not saying the should adhere specifically to what the mysterious people on the website say, but im wondering  why things are always the reverse outcome of what we expect or want. Not just once, but almost constantly. And not just what we want on the website, but what people want in the real world too. Its a cycle of frustration, "studies", and cancelled projects.