Spectrum - Monroe North Campus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 1:16 PM, grandrollerz said:

Yes, the new "official legal name" is BHSH System...which is purposefully terrible so no one gets attached to it.  I expect the new name to be announced in 6-12 months.  One of the presidents assures us that the name will not be Speaumont Health, lol.  We were never the sole owner of the name (trademark?) Spectrum Healths o i think it was always going to change at some point. I think it technically belongs to a Spectrum Health System in new england somewhere. 

Has there been any more movement on this?   Was reading about it last night and realized we haven’t heard much since it became official.  Is Beaumont going to be more integrated with Spectrum, or will they more or less operate as separate but affiliated systems?

34 minutes ago, MJLO said:

Has there been any more movement on this?   Was reading about it last night and realized we haven’t heard much since it became official.  Is Beaumont going to be more integrated with Spectrum, or will they more or less operate as separate but affiliated systems?

I've seen it called BHSH System and BHSH Spectrum in a number of recent articles.

https://newsroom.spectrumhealth.org/bhsh-system-names-new-president-for-bhsh-beaumont-health/

2 hours ago, MJLO said:

Within healthcare circles it's referred to as BHSH. I assume you'll see them operate as separate systems for a while with the biggest changes being the market penetration of Priority Health in SE Michigan. 

I spoke to one of my former coworkers at Spectrum who's helping with the integration.  The gist I get is that the entity will pretty much be what was Spectrum in the end.   They were being pretty political in phrasing. I imagine there's plenty of Beaumont management trying to keep their positions in tact etc(as one would expect).   That's like what a $12billion-ish organization headquartered downtown?

• Like 2

Still very tight lipped about the name. I’ve heard October or December. No hints one way or another. 

internally, we have now three  care delivery divisions that operate separately, west Michigan, Lakeland and now Beaumont. They will integrate epic platforms but are geographically distant enough to have separate leadership. Because we’ll standardize on epic all of the workflows will be similar but their own leader ship will remain id imagine. 

love that steel. They better not do anything to those trees on the street. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Had the afternoon off so took the drone downtown. This project is not quite topped off yet. 

1818616318_MonroeNorthaerial.thumb.jpg.3504807b42c788cb3f48a70c5cd8ba6e.jpg

393821539_MonroeNorthaerial4.thumb.jpg.6bcdb45ce145978f145af659c60300ec.jpg

1816737067_MonroeNorthaerial3.thumb.jpg.4755a2be21f40a680859f07f41a50078.jpg

1900946533_MonroeNorthaerial2.thumb.jpg.f70d39588f6e1698f0d3f06df57b9ae5.jpg

1194971225_Monroenorthaerial5.thumb.jpg.006e9557687b97a2fb13d4beb97eb11f.jpg

FF859190-05A1-43B5-9A83-F7047C0EAF5E.jpe

I'm still bummed that this project was planned to be larger, but COVID and WFH really scaled it back.  Great infill nonetheless 

IIRC, there was a certain amount of square footage tossed about. Then they bought the Brassworks building. So I don’t think it was necessarily scaled back, but the new building probably got smaller in some shape or form. But nothing had been released, so I don’t think you can really say it was scaled back… just different than originally speculated.

Joe

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 10:37 AM, Cookin_peacocks said:

What was the original size? Where did they scale it back?

They were initially going to make it 12-14 stories I believe, but COVID and WFH made them scale it back.  Purchasing Brass Works may have played a part in that too.

As much as I beotch about all the 12 story buildings, 12 would have been great there.

From an old MLive article it sounds like employees from all over the state will be using and training at the new building.  That will be great for GR, especially with those on the east side who have never been to GR.  I wonder if they're working out any kind of deal with Embassy Suites.

43 minutes ago, Floyd_Z said:

They were initially going to make it 12-14 stories I believe, but COVID and WFH made them scale it back.  Purchasing Brass Works may have played a part in that too.

As much as I beotch about all the 12 story buildings, 12 would have been great there.

From an old MLive article it sounds like employees from all over the state will be using and training at the new building.  That will be great for GR, especially with those on the east side who have never been to GR.  I wonder if they're working out any kind of deal with Embassy Suites.

That's interesting to know. I know several condo owners who rent out their downtown condos to traveling nurses quite a bit lately. Not quite airbnb style but shorter than 6 month terms. 

• Like 1

Hopefully they’ll put a restaurant back in the Big E’s space soon. It’s basically plug and play. A buffalo wild wings or Ucello’s might do really well there, keeping with the sports bar theme and all of the tv screens already in place. I hope embassy suites does well with the new neighbors moving in. 

Joe

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, joeDowntown said:

Hopefully they’ll put a restaurant back in the Big E’s space soon. It’s basically plug and play. A buffalo wild wings or Ucello’s might do really well there, keeping with the sports bar theme and all of the tv screens already in place. I hope embassy suites does well with the new neighbors moving in. 

Joe

From what I hear, the big issue is that the conference/catering kitchen is shared with the restaurant. I guess this is a major problem for many places for not wanting to get involved.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, grandrollerz said:

Uh, that's Corewell Health's building  :tw_lol:

I had NO clue what you were talking about and thought maybe autocorrect changed your words. Didn’t realize they announced Spectrums’s new name. :)

I can honestly say, I don’t hate it. I thought for sure they would come up with a name that sounds like a start up or fancy name for a drug. It’ll take a lot of getting used to but it sounds a bit stately and regal, like it’s been around for 120 years. 

Joe

9 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I had NO clue what you were talking about and thought maybe autocorrect changed your words. Didn’t realize they announced Spectrums’s new name. :)

I can honestly say, I don’t hate it. I thought for sure they would come up with a name that sounds like a start up or fancy name for a drug. It’ll take a lot of getting used to but it sounds a bit stately and regal, like it’s been around for 120 years. 

Joe

God I hope that's a typo and not BHSH's new name.  That sounds like the name for a failed smoothie chain :tw_confounded:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1