Hillcrest Market Place

Greenville Paladin

Hillcrest Market Place is a retail center located at 1905 East Main Street, Spartanburg, South Carolina 29307-2308, at the northeast corner of East Main Street and Fernwood Glendale Road in the City of Spartanburg in Spartanburg County, South Carolina.  It is located on the site of the former Hillcrest Mall.  It has also been known as Specialty Row at Hillcrest.

I read in the Spartanburg Herald-Journal ("Spartanburg development update: What's going on at Hillcrest Market Place?"  2020-12-14) Hillcrest Market Place will see redevelopment.  I do not know the scope of the redevelopment.  The known rendering has a green space or a courtyard replacing parking between NGC Cinemas and Rack Room Shoes.

I would not mind seeing improvements to access and mobility around Publix #687.

• 2 weeks later...

• 10 months later...
15 hours ago, roads-scholar said:

Drove by Hillcrest this afternoon and noticed heavy equipment performing demolition/reconstruction at the former Stein Mart building.  

Not sure how accurate this is, but someone said ROSS is moving into that space and the Ross space was going to be something else. Can't remember for the life of me what they said was going there.
I guess we'll know soon enough. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spartanburg Dude said:

Not sure how accurate this is, but someone said ROSS is moving into that space and the Ross space was going to be something else. Can't remember for the life of me what they said was going there.
I guess we'll know soon enough. 

I've heard rumors of a Hobby Lobby but I cannot remember where I heard it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, Spartanburg Dude said:

That's it! That's what someone told me too... Ross moving into the old SM space, and Hobby Lobby going into the current Ross Space. 

Maybe old news, but this is confirmed here.  Ross and Five Below in the old SM space, Hobby Lobby in the old Ross / Office Depot space.