Apple Store Fact

BBascule

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ch 12 had a story tonight about Dell opening a store somewhere in RI, but I missed it. Did anyone catch the location?

There is no Rhode Island store on this coming soon list. But, if you go to this page and click the northeast section of the map, then click, Rhode Island on the Northeast map, then click Providence... It says there is a Dell Direct Store opening in Providence Place on September 1st (which is tomorrow). Some of these Dell Direct Stores are nothing more than kiosks though.

I couldn't find anything about it on the Providence Place website.

dell has stores? i hope it's far far far away from providence if they do open one here... ugh, talk about crap.

I have to agree with you there. My problems started only 4 months after I bought one, and just after my 3 month warranty ended. :angry: But I also know people who've had problems with them as well. In contrast, I had a Gateway for about 6 1/2 years without a day of problems which is why I didn't get the extended warranty from Dell. Live and learn, right.

There is no Rhode Island store on this coming soon list. But, if you go to this page and click the northeast section of the map, then click, Rhode Island on the Northeast map, then click Providence... It says there is a Dell Direct Store opening in Providence Place on September 1st (which is tomorrow). Some of these Dell Direct Stores are nothing more than kiosks though.

I couldn't find anything about it on the Providence Place website.

Good investigative work! :thumbsup: I'm going to the mall tomorrow anyway, so mayby I'll just bring my crappy system to them, threw it on the counter and demand they fix it. :shades:

My PC is a Gateway which is about 6 years old. It arrived broken :angry: , but they sent someone out to fix it within oh a day or two (after asking me to bring it in to a store, which was two subway trains away). It's worked fine ever since though, well fine for a PC running Windows. :whistling:

I have a Dell at work and it totally blows, slows to a snails pace at times, won't shut down properly, won't force quit programs that stop responding properly. I'm waiting for our department to need a new machine, and jumping up and down and holding my breath if I don't get a Mac Mini.

My PC is a Gateway which is about 6 years old. It arrived broken :angry: , but they sent someone out to fix it within oh a day or two (after asking me to bring it in to a store, which was two subway trains away). It's worked fine ever since though, well fine for a PC running Windows. :whistling:

I have a Dell at work and it totally blows, slows to a snails pace at times, won't shut down properly, won't force quit programs that stop responding properly. I'm waiting for our department to need a new machine, and jumping up and down and holding my breath if I don't get a Mac Mini.

Sounds like you have software problems, not hardware problems.

Sounds like you have software problems, not hardware problems.

I think it just isn't up to the tasks I try to do with it. It bogs down towards the end of the day, and cries when I run Photoshop. If it takes more than 3 seconds to do something, I start yelling at it.

I think it just isn't up to the tasks I try to do with it. It bogs down towards the end of the day, and cries when I run Photoshop. If it takes more than 3 seconds to do something, I start yelling at it.

it's most likely the software, not the hardware... probably has too many programs running in the background (maybe spyware?).

back to the dell topic... that ch 12 thing was great... dell's tech support is the worst. i had a gateway, and while it had a few problems their tech support was awesome. my cdrom drive died, they sent me a new one and a tag to send the old one back. it died again (i decided this time to buy a faster one). the monitor died and they sent me a new one along with a label to send it back. of course it died again as well after my 4 year warranty was up. so i bought a better one. but the rest of the hardware was rock solid. in fact, i have the hard drive from that machine (all 4 gigs of it) running in one of my linux boxes right now.

Apple store will be opening "Fall 2006"

I got confirmation from an Apple store employee today that Providence Place will be open by the end of this month!

As for the Dell stores, I didn't realize they were opening one up here. They just opened the first one in Dallas (to rather tepid reviews) and I thought they'd be rolling out future stores at a more leisurely pace. Here's a link: Dell store review

Kent

I got confirmation from an Apple store employee today that Providence Place will be open by the end of this month!

Kent

'bout time! I hope Apple unveils something uber-cool at Apple Expo Paris next Tuesday, and will be available at the Apple Store in PPM. Just imagine the loooong line of people waiting to get in on opening day. I'll have to call in sick that day! ;)

Sounds like it may be the power supply -- does it run hot? You might try opening it up and blowing some dust out whilst whining for a mac ;-)

I will be in the Apple Store in "early '07" to get my set-top box. :yahoo:

I was following the keynote on Engadget. Talk about raising the bar for creating the digital home!!! I can't wait for iTV to come out next year - the thought of streaming all my digital media wirelessly to my TV is incredible. It looks like I'll be buying more TV shows off iTunes.

Now I just have to get my new plasma TV next year.... :huh:

I'll be shopping for my new Nano next week!! :D

Can anyone imaging the crowds at the Apple Store oin the mall?? There should be a big crush to pick up the new Nanos and Shuffle. Should be fun there!!!!

The Apple reps say they don't announce their opennings until a week ahead of time. So the mall store will be openning 7 days from now, any day now.

they've announced that they're opening?

EDIT: just checked apple's website. nothing there about a providence store that i can see.

Archived