Shops at Greenridge

gs3

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was out at Greenridge last night and new for this holiday season, they have added white lights around the roofline of all stores/buildings in the village area. Looks fantastic! :thumbsup: I'm not a good nightime photographer, but I know some on here are, cough, RT, cough. :) Maybe someone could get a great shot?

I was out at Greenridge last night and new for this holiday season, they have added white lights around the roofline of all stores/buildings in the village area. Looks fantastic! :thumbsup: I'm not a good nightime photographer, but I know some on here are, cough, RT, cough. :) Maybe someone could get a great shot?

I took a few the other night, actually. None really turned out all that great, though. I've got a couple of nice ones of the other decorations, though. I was saving them for after Thanksgiving, but I'll go ahead and share them here now, if you like :) :

You can somewhat make out the roofline lights in this one:

301338629_ca1f0e181e_b.jpg

Roofline lights are on these other buildings as well, but they've not been activated yet, for whatever reason:

301202068_add3439b26_b.jpg

301205411_886210fb74_b.jpg

My son and his favorite Christmas Tree: Larger than Life:

301195943_93388fc357_b.jpg

Skyliner: I do have that first photo in color, still. I'll upload it whenever I get the chance. :thumbsup:

Skyliner: I do have that first photo in color, still. I'll upload it whenever I get the chance. :thumbsup:

Here ya go:

303900020_0bb293832b_b.jpg

Thanks RT. Great photos! :thumbsup:

Looks like Greenridge has all the lights on now.

Thanks, gsupstate! Glad to hear that they've turned on the rest of them. I'll try to get a few good photos when I return home. :thumbsup:

That intersection really should be a 4-way stop; however, I doubt people would properly yield right-of-way there, even if it was a 4-way stop.

Little late with this, but trick to navigate that dang parking lot is to take the lower drive (i.e. the road that passes by the stores OfficeMax, PetSmart, Marshalls.....Total Wine to get from Lowe's to Best Buy and to always exit the shops via Garlington Road (at least from my standpoint on getting back home).

Whenever I go there I come in from Garlington, go through Lowe's over to Total Wine and World Market then if I need to go over to Best Buy or whatever I continue past the other shops on this end. When I need to leave I reverse my route....saves on the sanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Little late with this, but trick to navigate that dang parking lot is to take the lower drive (i.e. the road that passes by the stores OfficeMax, PetSmart, Marshalls.....Total Wine to get from Lowe's to Best Buy and to always exit the shops via Garlington Road (at least from my standpoint on getting back home).

Whenever I go there I come in from Garlington, go through Lowe's over to Total Wine and World Market then if I need to go over to Best Buy or whatever I continue past the other shops on this end. When I need to leave I reverse my route....saves on the sanity.

That's it! :angry: As of today, I'm staying away from Greenridge until after the holidays. The last two or three times I've been there, I've almost been hit by psycho drivers. People really drive like maniacs out there. Stop signs mean nothing and as for the main intersection where those drivers coming from the direction of Lowes or B&N that are supposed to stop for the main traffic--they fly thru there never slowing down and seem to dare YOU not to stop for THEM. How hard is it to drive slowly and carefully and considerately while looking out for other people walking or driving thru? I honestly wish there was an I.Q. test administered when people apply for their driver's licenses. Dumb people should not be allowed behind the wheel. O.k, that's my rant. I feel better now. :blush: Sort of...

• 1 month later...

Why does the Shops at Gridlock still have their Christmas lights up if it's the middle of January? Same can be said with the big wreath above Atlanta Bread Company next to Magnolia Park Town Center and the wreath on the front of the red Greenville Drive trolley that I saw today. :dontknow: However, I do like the lights the Shops at Gridlock has on top of the buildings now and was thinking it would look really cool to keep them up all year. Same can be said for the christmas lights on the red Greenville Drive trolley. :)

I think it looks very redneck trailer parkish to still have Christmas decorations up when it's already the new year. But perhaps that's just me...

Hmm.... to a degree but I was just talking to my wife that I wish we could keep a tree up with lights until spring or daylight savings time kicks in. Not really a Christmas tree per se with the multicolored lights and ornaments but maybe a ficus tree with little white lights (in fact this was the "christmas tree" at my aunt and uncles house. They mainly did it because it was easier but in a way I think something along those lines is a good multi-use strategy to be used year round. In fact I think I have seen the trees downtown with little white lights used year round at times.

Just back from NYC last night and I saw many, many Christmas trees (groups of fir trees with white lights) still around the city. The ESB was lit up in red and green, but apparently that was for Martin Luther King Jr. day. The Christmas red and green lighting on the ESB is changed back to white on Jan. 9th.

Specific Christmas decorations probably should come down after January 5, but having ambient light and decorations in trees, store fronts etc., colored or white, that are "winter" oriented are great to see all winter long.

I'd love to see Greenridge keep up year-round, the white lights that outline the buildings. Remove all the holiday decorations of course, but keep the white lights as a generic, non holiday part of the development. I thought these white lights added much excitement to the development. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Yep. That's it. Lone Star is the one that closed. Two peas in a pod. :lol:

I've always thought there is a huge difference in quality between Longhorn and Lone Star. Lone Star has been sub-par every time I've gone to one. Longhorn has always been well above par. Neither are Larkins, Ruth's Chris or Morton's by any means, but I'd take a Longhorn over Lone Stare any day. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived