Spectrum Health's new "consolidated offices" HQ's

GRDadof3

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where the new facility on Leffingwell is going to be? That stretch is mostly residential until you get close to Knapp. 

And I wonder what will become of the Kent Community property. I’ll miss that huge star every Christmas, but it was outdated when my dad would visit with some long timers in the 90s, and not much better when my cousin was there last year. I agree it’s time has come. 

1 hour ago, droonus2000 said:

Does anyone know where the new facility on Leffingwell is going to be? That stretch is mostly residential until you get close to Knapp. 

And I wonder what will become of the Kent Community property. I’ll miss that huge star every Christmas, but it was outdated when my dad would visit with some long timers in the 90s, and not much better when my cousin was there last year. I agree it’s time has come. 

Just guessing, but I would imagine it’ll be near where they first proposed to build their admin functions (before shifting to Bond Street). 

Joe

On 11/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, joeDowntown said:

Just guessing, but I would imagine it’ll be near where they first proposed to build their admin functions (before shifting to Bond Street). 

Joe

true, but we have a lot of land there. i think the new building from the article is going in the ....i guess it would be northwest corner? close to the CC athletic files adjacent to the highway

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mgreven said:

I saw that MiBiz is reporting that Spectrum bought bought Brassworks for $25 million and is scaling back some of the project.   I don't subscribe to the online edition so all I've got is a headline for you all.  =)

Just saw this on WoodTV site https://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapids/spectrum-health-to-begin-new-construction-project-in-gr/

1 hour ago, thebeerqueer said:

Wow, interesting. What excites me about this is that the new building may sit entirely on Monroe as the Brassworks building owned 3-4 rows of parking, so Spectrum wouldn't have been able to fully fill the space between Brassworks and Embassy Suites.

Joe 

45 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Wow, interesting. What excites me about this is that the new building may sit entirely on Monroe as the Brassworks building owned 3-4 rows of parking, so Spectrum wouldn't have been able to fully fill the space between Brassworks and Embassy Suites.

Joe 

According to WOOD, Spectrum will connect Brass Works with a new 80k to 100k square -foot building with construction starting in late 2022.  A parking ramp is also planned.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapids/spectrum-health-to-begin-new-construction-project-in-gr/

Edited by mpchicago

2 hours ago, deja vu said:

Curious what happens to all of the existing tenants in Brass Works. Do they stay, or does Spectrum ultimately takeover all of the space?

always heard the rumor was that SH had right of first refusal on all the suites and many of them are/were empty. SH is probably 75% of the tenants currently.?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grandrollerz said:

always heard the rumor was that SH had right of first refusal on all the suites and many of them are/were empty. SH is probably 75% of the tenants currently.?

I worked in the Brassworks building 6 or 7 years ago and we had to move because Spectrum took over our space (maybe even the whole floor). It was my understanding that they were going to be the only tenant (besides Jimmy Johns). 75% may be a conservative estimate. :) Wonder is JJ's will get the boot.

It actually would be nice if they added a public accessible food court, like the have on the hill.

Joe

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mpchicago said:

According to WOOD, Spectrum will connect Brass Works with a new 80k to 100k square -foot building with construction starting in late 2022.  A parking ramp is also planned.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapids/spectrum-health-to-begin-new-construction-project-in-gr/

Interesting. I guess I didn't realized the new Spectrum building was going to be connected to Brassworks. Was this talked about earlier? 

We had an office on the second floor off Brassworks when it first opened after renovations (around 2000) and it was basically us and Founders. 

It was my first exposure to craft beer.  I remember how vacant Founders was during the day and how they struggled with a lot of different lunch ideas.  I was worried they weren't going to make it.  Shows what I know...

Edited by Sparty97
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparty97 said:

We had an office on the second floor off Brassworks when it first opened after renovations (around 2000) and it was basically us and Founders. 

It was my first exposure to craft beer.  I remember how vacant Founders was during the day and how they struggled with a lot of different lunch ideas.  I was worried they weren't going to make it.  Shows what I know...

We must have been there around the same time. We were on the first floor (where Jimmy John's is located). On Fridays, we'd get Founders and they had no problem letting us take pitchers and glasses back to our office. They were probably happy for the business. :)

Joe

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sparty97 said:

They did or almost filed for bankruptcy back then, I believe. I worked with a team on the Icon on Bond project that had an office right across the lobby from Founders.  It was always just a handful of dudes in there. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spectrum has now bought the Brassworks building, an edition will be added to the northside of the building and a parking ramp where Gill T&D was.

-Scrolling back, I see the sale happened earlier this year. The employees in Brassworks were notified this week that they will be remote for at least 15 months and after that office space will not be the same, mostly hotel spaces.

Edited by Cluso67

39 minutes ago, Cluso67 said:

Spectrum has now bought the Brassworks building, an edition will be added to the northside of the building and a parking ramp where Gill T&D was.

-Scrolling back, I see the sale happened earlier this year. The employees in Brassworks were notified this week that they will be remote for at least 15 months and after that office space will not be the same, mostly hotel spaces.

Hotel spaces? 

On 2/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, GVSUChris said:

Hotel spaces? 

Hotel desks are desks not assigned to any specific individual. Spectrum already has them in many offices (when I worked for Spectrum I'd use them occasionally when I was at another location for meetings), but I'm assuming they'll be expanding them quite a bit to accommodate workers that are primarily WFH.

• Thanks 1