Orange & Robinson Apartments | 11-story residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

13 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Still don't know how they got away with that ugly-ass non-screened garage facing I-4. (or the "retail" portion). 

I would imagine it's got to do with the color scheme and pattern, etc. 

If it was just bare concrete, they likely wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Personally, I don't think it's really bad looking. 

Not awesome, but not terrible either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

Being that this was built in a very visible area, there's no way this should have been less than 15-stories IMO. 

LOL.  My general rule of thumb with almost every project I've seen in this stinkin' town, has been "um...if this were only five stories taller..."

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, dcluley98 said:

Still don't know how they got away with that ugly-ass non-screened garage facing I-4. (or the "retail" portion). 

And it's the same team that totally hid the garage on the Lakehouse project.  I'm still not really sure where the Lakehouse garage is.  This project is awesome but the I-4 side is a real letdown.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:03 PM, gibby said:

And it's the same team that totally hid the garage on the Lakehouse project.  I'm still not really sure where the Lakehouse garage is.  This project is awesome but the I-4 side is a real letdown.

wasn't there a rule on this that CitiTower had to abide by?  Maybe it's the fronting street that is key...

Yes, it is part of the ARB guidelines. They typically can't do an unscreened garage without a variance and other things such as ground floor street level windows and aesthetic treatments. The ARB let this project pass somehow without the GF and Garage requirements, despite being much stricter with other developments. (There was a big kerfuffle about them claiming their work-out room was GF space IIRC). 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, Jernigan said:

Any retail updates?  Had Huey Magoos began their buildout?

No Jernigan -  not yet.

But they’ll be joined by Altura Craft Coffee which chose a location a stones throw from both Craft & Common and Foxtail.

https://instagram.com/alturacraftcoffee

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I never got the Huey hype when in college. My gf back then loved it and it was always gross and stringy and flavorless to me. I need to try this new one to see if it got better or my tastes have changed.

I agree.  It's... fine.

Zaxby's has better sandwiches/salads.  Canes has better sauce.