409 North Magnolia [Under Construction]

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 5:03 PM, dcluley98 said:

Starbucks confirmed at this location. 

They have 2 banners up advertising "Now Hiring" for hotel staff and Starbucks with the logos. 

That location is gonna make a killing.  The line at 8:30 am is going to be a monster.  Is it going in the lobby or the restaurant space that presumably would have gone to City Diner?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, codypet said:

That location is gonna make a killing.  The line at 8:30 am is going to be a monster.  Is it going in the lobby or the restaurant space that presumably would have gone to City Diner?

I'm really surprised Starbucks didn't end up in the storage building just down the road since it has a drive-thru.  I guess Starbucks just prioritizes hotels in downtown locations.  I think this is going to be number 4.

It is an actual location in the "diner" spot on the north side of the property, north of the porte cochere.  Not sure if they can incorporate a drive-thru in there, but it is a full space restaurant, not just a counter in the lobby.  If you look closely at the windows in the "diner" location, there is a Starbucks logo with "coming soon" under it. 

Edited by dcluley98

I'm waiting for the average weeknight or weekend night, after this project and Radius have both been open for awhile, to see and get a feel for the new energy those two projects will bring to that section of downtown.

I want to see how much they draw foot traffic up Rosalind from Eola Park and what that will look and feel like around the two intersections at Robinson and Livingston.  

They should create a whole new facet to downtown Orlando's street scene. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'm waiting for the average weeknight or weekend night, after this project and Radius have both been open for awhile, to see and get a feel for the new energy those two projects will bring to that section of downtown.

I want to see how much they draw foot traffic up Rosalind from Eola Park and what that will look and feel like around the two intersections at Robinson and Livingston.  

They should create a whole new facet to downtown Orlando's street scene. 

I agree. It'll be interesting to see. My hunch is that people will venture from Eola - visually, it is very inviting. Something about the curve in the road makes it appear closer to the park. 

I'm also curious if the retail will get decent day/lunch traffic with not just the courthouse, but with the office buildings that front Robinson and the Fifth Third bank building (can't recall the name off the top of my head).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FLClarkKent said:

I agree. It'll be interesting to see. My hunch is that people will venture from Eola - visually, it is very inviting. Something about the curve in the road makes it appear closer to the park. 

I'm also curious if the retail will get decent day/lunch traffic with not just the courthouse, but with the office buildings that front Robinson and the Fifth Third bank building (can't recall the name off the top of my head).

Skyhouse got a Greek eatery in there to replace the failed pizza place... so, I think they anticipate all those units of residents and visitors adding to the courthouse foot traffic...this should healp Radius.  Also, the Starbucks inside the hotel will be a magnet to compliment Skyhouse's Subway...to help get things going

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, codypet said:

Its gonna quickly get known that there's places to eat out that way so they'll all compliment each other instead of the courthouse people bringing their own lunch or working their way downtown or asking Jimmy John's to deliver.

Please excuse me for being the Spelling Nazi but I think in that case it should be complement. If you’re wondering, I should have a life again just in time for UCF to play Boise State…

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jrs2 said:

wow.  great photos!

lot's of life at a former uncivilized sketchy corner of downtown.

it that second floor open area where Starbucks will be?

Uncivilized or not, I cannot say.

But it certainly was sketchy...

sketchycorner.jpg

We're talking charcoal pencil sketchy, here.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Thinking about that corner pre-skyhouse.  Dang, what 10 years does.

We really lucked out, especially with 409 Manolia... those extended-stay hotels can be very cheap looking. The ARB did a good job on this one, not sure if they stood their ground because Lake Eola Heights is a historic district, but I wish they would keep the same energy with baseline standards for all downtown development.