Tempo Hotel, 127 Rosa Parks, 16 story, 295 room hotel, 6,500 sq. ft. retail, 200 capacity garage, ground level retail

markhollin

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Looking SE from intersection of Commerce St. and 9th Ave. North:

Tempo Hotel, Aug 6, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking good.  I wonder how the yucca is fairing.  IMO the silly thing has gotten almost as much attention as the 150 year old banyan tree in in the Maui fires .  I am much relieved (and somewhat amazed) that the tree appears to have survived the fires though EVERYTHING around it have bee thoroughly destroyed.  I do hope that will be some effort to make sure it gets some propmt care and emergency watering to assure it's survival.  It is  a landmark tree.  The Nashville yucca...ehhh.  Good luck to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/11/2023 at 11:26 AM, Baronakim said:

Looking good.  I wonder how the yucca is fairing.  IMO the silly thing has gotten almost as much attention as the 150 year old banyan tree in in the Maui fires .  I am much relieved (and somewhat amazed) that the tree appears to have survived the fires though EVERYTHING around it have bee thoroughly destroyed.  I do hope that will be some effort to make sure it gets some propmt care and emergency watering to assure it's survival.  It is  a landmark tree.  The Nashville yucca...ehhh.  Good luck to it.

Blasphemer!  The Tempo Yucca has more integrity in one little leaf than the entire metro council.   Tempo Yucca for Mayor!!! :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nashville born said:

Really like how this one turned out.  Very distinctive and stylish look.  Wish it was taller, not for height's sake, but so its beauty could stand out more and not get lost as infill.

As it is, it'll end up being a project one would happen upon rather than a project that would dominate a block.  I'm disappointed it's not taller but it is also one block away from Broadway which is, generally, lower scale.

• Like 2