Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

2 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Dank je wel! I studied German in college and was going to trade shows in Germany when I was importing chocolate so I would fly into Amsterdam and drive to Cologne. I ended up taking a Dutch class at the Tennessee Foreign Language institute at night and learned a little but when I was in Amsterdam everyone spoke great English so it was almost impossible to practice! If you know German you can maybe read a bit of Dutch but the pronounciation is very different and also much more difficult. Dutch is much more guttural believe it or not.

I spent a lot of time in Germany growing up and know enough to get by. For me though, I thought Dutch was easier to learn. It does sound quite a bit different. As a child when I first heard it spoken, I thought it sounded like they had something stuck in their throat. I also learned a lot of the language from watching television. Even though we lived in Germany, we picked to a couple of Dutch stations. They aired quite a few American shows in English with Dutch subtitles. 

• Like 2