Hourglass District

sunshine

National Real Estate now has a branded construction fence up around the lot with the car bays (believe it’s supposed to be a food truck park) just east of the SE corner of the intersection.   “Hour kind of place” is what I believe alternates with their Hourglass District logo.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 11:36 AM, dcluley98 said:

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Lets email Lidl aboout our former Walgreen building...

German discount grocer Lidl seeks Florida real estate

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/08/31/german-discount-grocer-lidl-is-starting-to-look.html

Yes Please!!!!! I'll take a Lidl or an Aldi in the neighborhood all day.   Sorry Winn-Dixie and Clemons.  

23 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

BluRock also now has control over the plazas at Orange and Holden/Gatlin.   There’s bound to be space for a market there relatively removed from the Target/Publix/Walmart/Luckys/Freshfields cluster. Good 

Bring back the A&P!

https://blue-banshee.livejournal.com/247365.html

The shopping center at Orange and Holden was basically a clone of the one at Edgewater and Fairbanks (complete with A&P.)

1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

What are they re-furbing across the street from the foxtail?  It has like 4 bays... Is that the foodtruck park?

That is correct.  The old car wash is supposed to become food trucks, per the plans.  I'm not sure why they don't tear it down, but it's supposed to be part of the theming or something?

4 hours ago, HankStrong said:

That is correct.  The old car wash is supposed to become food trucks, per the plans.  I'm not sure why they don't tear it down, but it's supposed to be part of the theming or something?

I would imagine it has something to do with $$$$.

If they tore it down, they'd either have to build something in it's place, or just turn it into a flat, asphalt slab, which I don't think anyone wants either.

Probably best to just slap some paint and whatnot on it and make it look spiffy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...