Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Desano's Pizza (repurposing 1 story office building into restaurant) update.

Looking NE from 4th Ave. North, 1/4 block north of First Horizon Ballpark:

Desanos Pizza, Sept 16, 2023.jpeg

Minor detail here. Desano is taking up only half of this building. Their entrance will be at the entry "pop-out" and then go toward Geist. The Von Elrods side is a different establishment called Barrel Proof (?). I believe it is designed by Remick Architecture and is being built by Impetus

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Is this area part of the scrap yard? If not, any plans for future redevelopment? 

IMG_0415.jpeg

Yes, that is part of PSC Metals.  As far as possible development, that would be a question for Mr.  Icahn. My guess is he will hold onto the whole site and sell it as one big piece when he gets an offer he can't refuse. 

• Like 1

My assumption is Nashville Recycling LLC is PSC. They own 49.82 (let's say an even 50) acres on the East Bank. At a going rate of $350 per sq ft. That's about $762,300,000, whistle noooooooise. 

I'd imagine it's going to command a premium as well, so I'd say a cool $1-1.5 billion and I'd bet he would sell. Anyone want to start a go fund me?

EDIT 

I'm bad at real estate appraisal and my buddy has informed me it's probably way more difficult than that, and trying to find comps for a chunk of land that size, in a location like that would be damn near impossible. He said your best bet would be Oracle and what they paid for River North, and consider all the concessions they got as well. 

Edited by PaulChinetti
I'm bad at real estate appraisal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

What is the difference between a town home and a row home? Are they interchangeable? Do they have to be built a certain way?

I would definitely think that they are different and not really interchangeable.  But I could see how some folks may use them as such.

A quick google search turned up a couple sources.

https://www.landisconstruction.com/blog/row-houses-explained/#:~:text=If you are wondering what,houses are uniformly laid out.

https://www.mcenearney.com/blog/townhouse-vs-rowhouse/

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 8:08 AM, markhollin said:

Tennyson Germantown will be the name of the 3 story, 16 townhome project by Cottingham Capital Partners/FrontFour partnership on .8 acre at 400 Hume St. Root Architecture is overseeing design; Civil Site Design Group is in charge of land-planning and engineering. They plan to break ground in early 2024, and finished a year after that. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-new-images-released-for-bankers-alley-project/article_f736e520-6481-11ee-a912-7fa107733f63.html

Tennyson Germantown,Oct 8, 2023, render.png

Tennyson Germantown, Oct 9, 2023, render 2.png

Tennyson Germantown, Oct 9, 2023, render 3.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:
1507416884_400HumeJuly222022sitemap.thumb.png.60d36dc98670e96cb3b01fdbe8d0b61f.png

Finally, time to get this one out of the ground as it has been on hold for years now. Let's see if he can get it moving.

• Like 1

The Mosaic (4 stories, 25 townhomes) update: Phase I should be complete by summer of 2024.  Permits have been requested for starting Phase II, which should be complete by early 2025.  

More behind the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/summer-2024-finish-set-for-first-phase-of-jefferson-street-project/article_5f6539f2-67ad-11ee-ac18-8b91b75554f5.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-11 at 8.27.14 AM.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

107 4th Ave. North (6 story entertainment bar) update: foundation walls starting to rise.

Looking west from 4th Ave. North, 1/4 block north of Broadway:

107 4th Ave North, Oct 8, 2023.jpeg

So what is sad to me is I don't know what happens to all this wood once it is removed from the site. The pre-made form panels and steel stairs are more expensive I'm sure, but they get used over and over over again. I can't help but think that these forms get pulled off and essentially thrown away. Talk about completely unsustainable construction practices if that is the case.

Can anyone confirm what happens to formwork like this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1