Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

200 Broadway/Chief's entertainment bar/venue (5 story conversion of circa 1900 building) update: starting to see detail on reopened upper windows facing Broadway.

Looking NE from Broadway, 1/2 block east of 3rd Ave:

200 Broadway, Sept 17, 2023.jpeg

I'm still waiting to see work on restoration of the big bricked in center area back to the original early 20th century original configuration.  However, I can understand that the fascade must be complely resecured to the new structure behind it before they start punching holes in it.  Makes sense to me.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

107 4th Ave North, Sept 23, 2023, 3.jpeg

Interesting choice building a wood stair to get in and out of the site. I wonder if the amount of construction still going on has made it hard to rent temporary stairs to get in and out of the sites. I am not sure what those things cost per month, but seems like a different route than typical.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Interesting choice building a wood stair to get in and out of the site. I wonder if the amount of construction still going on has made it hard to rent temporary stairs to get in and out of the sites. I am not sure what those things cost per month, but seems like a different route than typical.

Many commercial contractors wouldn't use wood forms to, for example, pour a basement wall either. Maybe they are getting a deal on it somewhere.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:02 AM, markhollin said:

Women's Rescue Mission (2 stories, 348 beds) update:  exterior nearing completion.

Looking north from Rosa L. Parks Blvd. just north of Garfield St:

Womens Rescue Mission, Sept 16, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from Rosa L. Parks Blvd. at Buchanan St:

Womens Rescue Mission, Sept 16, 2023, 2.jpeg

This turned out better than expected. Although, I haven't seen it in person yet.

1 hour ago, gannman said:

This turned out better than expected. Although, I haven't seen it in person yet.

The corner entrance IMO is very badly designed  Looks like a place wher visually impared could hit their headsif the pavement at the entry  allows it  Hopefully not.   i think it as a building element, it rather clumsy.  The rest of the building fascade however is well aticulated and breaks up what could have been a bland streetface.

• Like 3