Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I really like how the northern section of this complex look very old-style, like many of the surrounding buildings. 

Thanks for the pics. So how does that SW corner of Madison/2nd look now with the two apartment blocks diagonally across from each other? And what (if anything) is proposed for the lot at the NW corner?  That's currently a small vacant lot; and there's a small hardware store on the northern boundary of that lot. 

1 hour ago, bmkTN said:

So the same person/group owns all of the land between the proposed Mainland roundabout tower and 6th and even some of the land east of 6th?

Personally,  I don't know. But you can discover so much of that yourself by going to the metro Nashville GIS maps/parcel  viewer.  A powerful tool that anyone can use. Find out prices paid, ownership history,  zoning history,  permit history,  etc.  Hopefully,  the link below works...

http://maps.nashville.gov/ParcelViewer/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I hate those retro, then and now, stories. Just a reason to click on it to find out that there is nothing new.

Is that what that is?  Since I don't have a subscription, I couldn't actually read it.  I figured they just closed on the deal.  So...nothing new, huh?

18 hours ago, nvestnbna said:

Yes. South6th District

Cool, thanks!  That picture explains it perfectly.  And I guess it's actually Smith Investments that owns the specific part I was thinking of.  It's a huge chunk of land relative to the area it's in and it'll be fascinating to see what happens with it. 

58 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Glenmary (3 stories, 8 town homes) update.

Looking NW along 5th AVe. North just north of intersection with Monroe Street:

GlenMary, Mar 12, 2017.jpg

Featured as an "onion" in the Scene's Orchids and Onions story  http://www.nashvillescene.com/news/cover-story/article/20852202/orchids-and-onions-architecture-awards

Edited by Bezoar

1 hour ago, Bezoar said:

Rather confusing to me, considering the slew of much more polarizing developments within blocks of this one. While I am a fan of many of these modern/boxy/unusual structures newly scattered around Germantown, I understand why many individuals find them to be a bit of an eyesore. It's puzzling how this particular development made it to the top of the Scene's list...

^ ^ ^ Shelby Smith comes to our Meet-Ups pretty regularly, and he has shared that he gets at least one offer a week for the past several years on this significant tract.  He and his partners are being VERY patient and awaiting just the right one.  I believe they would like partner with another developer if it all makes good sense.  

• Like 1