Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Thank you, William!! Maybe my memory isn't as bad as I've suspected lately. Your description of the BGI brings it all back. I knew there was once a place back there, but I haven't lived in Nashville in such a long time (and not being the biggest bluegrass fan, I had been to Station Inn several times when there was absolutely nothing else in the Gulch) I couldn't be sure. I went there with some classmates probably 2-3 times, and remember having a good time, but it was certainly a "no frills" sort of place... like Jonesy's with live banjoes. But it had to be my first or second year at Vandy, given the time frame. Ahem, there must be a reason that's a bit "foggy"... LOL.

MLB,

I liked Jonesy's myself. 

WW

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

I saw the rendering for the Eakin Tower. I walked by and it looks like construction may have started. Not sure. William said he would check on it.

Looks as if the square footage has fallen to 300 thousand from 450 thousand. It would be great if both of these projects were being done together and make a little more since.

Agreed, Ron.

Eakin should pitch to Sony ATV if they already have not. It was said that Sony is looking for 50,000sf for expansion back in January. I also wonder if Sony ATV is considering the Gulch Crossing proposal. How many square feet of office space does that proposal contain? 

Well, yeah, but a register of deeds doesn't carry piles of cash and have guards with assault rifles.

There was an article about a year ago, when the Fed building went on the market, that all the operations w/ cash were being centralized - in Atlanta, I think - so there was no need for the secure facility.

I think it may be Swerdling. The site was already approved by Metro Council. The Pilliponis Building and the Richards and Richards Building are not in the Second Avenue overlay, They specialize in building hotels while Tony does not, they would be a new developer in town, Tony already has received TIF before, so maybe a new player in town gets the money. Who knows? Maybe it is Tony. Maybe Peabody finally gets the TIF money they have been asking for for a decade now.

I guess we will know soon enough.

Well Curt is the man in the know, so he will let us know when possible. In any case, whoever it is, it will serve the need for another full service property to service the MCC, and the business community in general.

I hope we get something a bit better than utilitarian design. I hope we have some nice architectural elements without being too much of a box like The Omni. I would like to see something in the 300-400 foot range for change. We have not had any height in a while for a hotel, but then again we are looking at space considerations, and getting the most out of every dollar spent in construction.