Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

What in the world is the point of that? 

Am I reading it wrong 10 "stackers" so you would get 10 more spaces or 20 more spaces?

I can't read the article, but the rendering above has 3 double stacks for a total of 24 cars...I don't know if that's accurate. The mechanical equipment required to lift a car is expensive, but at the same time, it's pretty unrealistic to expect to be able to park a large amount of cars using a stacking system like this, so the 10 or 20 figure you mentioned could be accurate (assuming the rendering isn't). 

The Inn at Fontanel will become part of the Marriott Autograph "collection" after its $30M 143-room expansion. Target completion in 2019... http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/27/first-look-larger-inn-fontanel-joins-marriotts-luxury-autograph-collection-brand/100940942/

• By early 2019, the larger 143-room Inn at Fontanel is expected to open at Whites Creek Pike and Knight Drive.
  • It will be Nashville's second Autograph Collection by Marriott hotel after downtown's historic Union Station Hotel.
  • A rooftop bar plus a restaurant will be among amenities for the Tribute Portfolio hotel at Noel Place, which should open in October.
  • The Thursday night Back Porch Concert Series at Fontanel will start on May 4 and run through Sept 28.

636288228350339386-fontanelinn.JPG

Another view of the expanded Inn at Fontanel.

Then there's this from the article... 

52 hotels in Marriott's Tennessee pipeline

Currently, there are 52 hotels with 7,200 rooms in the Tennessee pipeline across Marriott's portfolio of brands, including 15 hotels with 1,665 rooms that are expected to open this year. Locally, the lodging giant's operating footprint includes downtown's Renaissance Nashville Hotel and The Westin Nashville.
Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

If I can recall. I remembered seeing the few surface lots that are in Manhattan for parking use this type of system where the cars are stacked on top of each other. It's on the ground though rather than on top of a building.

Edited by Titans101

On 4/25/2017 at 11:19 AM, nashville_bound said:

Good idea, but they must have been high as a kite to set their prices so high. We shall see if there is a market in that price range.

The night the Preds swept the Hawks, Uber wanted $40 for a quick trip from West End to Rose Pepper Cantina out East, 85 for an Uber Black. They were still busy. :tw_astonished:

Edited by claya91

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Actually, since it was a United flight, I was using my free arm to fend off employees trying to beat me.  ; )

..Perfect "text-meme" ─ don't need a posted image of that, to get the "punch".
    (chi-ching!)  -=ツ=-

• Like 1

A California-based real estate investor has paid $2.5 million for the 0.29-acre former parking garage site at the southwest corner of Rosa L. Parks Boulevard and Church Street to expand his holdings in that area.

After buying 801 Church St., David R. Wehrly of Redondo Beach, Calif. now owns the block on the south side of Church Street from Rosa L. Parks Boulevard to Ninth Avenue North. Earlier this year, he paid $6.85 million for the six-story, 49,000-square-foot office building at 814 Church St. that was the longtime home of Mastrapasqua Asset Management plus two vacant parcels with addresses 813 and 817 Church.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/05/03/california-investor-gobbles-up-more-land-nashvilles-church-street/101251322/

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 5.50.10 PM.png

• Like 3