Lakeshore Projects

GRLaker

56 minutes ago, wingbert said:

Where are all those politicians now who were trying to score cheap political points by calling this facility a boondoggle?

They've been too busy picking up stranded cold-country EV owners who overestimated their driving range. I keep an extra parka just in case in my v8.  Won't be long til summer though.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/7/2022 at 11:41 AM, HavingAhoot said:

Hilton coming to West Shore Drive 

@ parcel = 70-16-16-100-130   

I would be surprised if its an actual Hilton and not a not a sub-brand such as Homewood Suites, Garden Inn or Tru by Hilton. Metro Dertroit and GR dont even have a full-service Hilton anymore 

6 hours ago, HomePortSupplyCo said:

I know exactly where that site is. We've eaten at the Cabbage Shed just down the street from there. I wondered what the story was with all that land. This seems like a bit of an overindulgence for that property. 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, GR8scott said:

I would be surprised if its an actual Hilton and not a not a sub-brand such as Homewood Suites, Garden Inn or Tru by Hilton. Metro Dertroit and GR dont even have a full-service Hilton anymore 

Looking a little deeper it is just a Tru by Hilton

14 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I know exactly where that site is. We've eaten at the Cabbage Shed just down the street from there. I wondered what the story was with all that land. This seems like a bit of an overindulgence for that property. 

Cabbage shed is a off the beaten path gem.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: supplement to Joe's post above.

Muskegon received $9.3M in grants from the Michigan Strategic Fund which will be allocated to a couple downtown housing projects.

https://archive.ph/f5yZd from Crain's Detroit.

880 First St, which is the skeleton building that has been waiting for some love a while now, is getting a new looks plus a five-story addition next door. 80-90 "housing" units + amenities:

image.png.74d8d965579fec2beae19045cbdb4319.png

351 Western (aka Lakeview Lofts). The second phase of the apartment project on Western. 80-90 apartment units + ground floor commercial. The image below is the first phase which is already completed. The second phase will be to it's left (you may have seen a certain cellphone video shot through a window in the news recently):

image.thumb.png.8d03f0ffc7198557d9ae7fbbe08effb4.png

Edited by JimiThing
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Muskegon is in a bit of a boom. 450-550 units + office and commercial to renovate the old Shaw Walker Furniture factor. $220m investment:

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/betting-on-muskegon-parkland-properties-plans-flagship-project-at-watermark-center

Jon Rooks is the developer.  Looking at the photo of the old multi-story Shaw Walker factory just now reminds me that Jon Rooks several years ago had similar plans to develop another old multi-story furniture factory in Grand Rapids, the Sligh factory on Century.  He didn't quite get around to that one.  Of course he's done a lot of successful redevelopments of old buildings through the years in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.  And he was doing them back when they weren't all that common.