I'm honestly not sure if this is just glorified graffiti, or if it's an actual commissioned piece, but either way, it's one of my favorites in the city, found at 698 Taylor Street in Germantown... and of course, it wouldn't be Nashville without power lines in the way:

https://goo.gl/maps/nFR6rDzi8mfvoCCu7

• Like 4

13 hours ago, markhollin said:

Now that Frankie Pierce Park and Capitol View are both completed, I believe it is time for these two arched CSX tracks underpasses are primed and ready for some public art.  At least one of them would be an excellent option for this sort of video/laser projection mapping:
…………..

Nelson Merry underpass, Frankie Pierce Park, Capitol View, Oct 12, 2019.jpg

This is beautiful the way it is now. I would seal it with some polyurethane or something to preserve it, then clean up the vegetation and replace with some nicer  landscaping. I would put security cams to help stop any tagging. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rolly said:

Like they'd say when I was growing up there: 'I'm not bashful, I'm from East Nashville"

Great to have you posting here rolly! Always great to have someone that grew up here taking a look at what it is now. I am not from here but have been here for the changes over the last 25 or so years. It has been really exciting to see. 

Hope to see you make it back on the first weekend of the month for a forum meet sometime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1