Hinman project - new 13 story hotel at 10 Ionia

GRDadof3

4 minutes ago, droonus2000 said:

I feel like this is a dumb question... can/do they clean the bricks on brick roads? I’m just thinking it would keep things looking fresh over the years, since they are extremely durable. 

If you are talking street sweeper, yes, If you are talking beyond that, no.

4 hours ago, mpchicago said:

If you are talking street sweeper, yes, If you are talking beyond that, no.

Correct, I meant beyond street sweepers. Like a brick scrubber machine of some sort to get exhaust and grime off. Being a different surface than asphalt.  Haha. I was curious, thank you for the response. 

On 3/8/2020 at 5:04 PM, joeDowntown said:

I saw a really cool time lapse video of this project on LinkedIn but couldn’t find a way to capture it and share. After some digging I found this:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/wolverine/10ionia

click on the time lapse. Also, can’t believe We didn’t find it early on.  It’s also a cool angle that is harder to photograph.

Joe

D7DE6BAB-711A-499C-9E45-37996F1BC1D0.jpeg

Nice find Joe!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 2:19 PM, joeDowntown said:

Love the Woody on Lambert Edwards rooftop deck. The Hinman building is lookin' good as well!

Joe

I think this is the area that they're testing colors of the concrete sealer (from the webcam):

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 2.21.01 PM.png

If only they would have tried this with the Grand Castle. Would have made it look maybe 10% better (being generous).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update the UICA of that horrid gray siding with windows and that building could be great. The height is a bummer with this building  but it looks good and replaced a surface lot with something that will create some street life (more so next year).

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

FWIW, I think it's a beaut. And I think the design is more stately than what was planned with the taller building. I love it! :)

I was up close to it last night and agreed it's definitely looking really cool. If people feel like it stands out now for how cool it looks vs the surrounding buildings, imagine how much it would stand out if it were 30+ stories? It'd look like those ridiculous projects where people tear down 2 or 3  tiny homes and build one massive home (or lakefront cottage). 

• Like 1