Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

A couple new developments being planned for Lebanon:

1) Revere Apartments will have 40 buildings with 492 units on 30 acres at 2135 Lebanon Rd. The developer is I & MJ Gross Residential.

2)South Maple Townhomes will feature four buildings with 101 units on 40 acres on South Maple St.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2020/07/23/492-apartments-101-townhomes-7-eleven-proposed-lebanon/5485808002/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A bit more info on the Franklin Sports Complex concept:

- An application will be filed for an Envision Franklin Amendment to revise the design concept from ‘Single-Family Residential’ to ‘Recreation with Special Considerations.'

- Special Considerations would allow secondary supporting local commercial uses in a master planned setting.

- The area in question for the new complex sits near the booming Berry Farms development and the Ladd Park neighborhood up the road from the Ag Expo. Construction work on a bridge that will connect Long Lane to Old Peytonsville Road will begin in 2022.

- The City of Franklin will hold a neighborhood meeting on Zoom to discuss the proposed development, otherwise called the "Long Lane Sports Complex," on Aug. 6 at 6 p.m.

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/sports-business/article/21141315/local-firm-aiming-to-bring-hockey-complex-multisport-facility-to-franklin

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.49.39 AM.png

• Like 1

I am divided on this since I am a homeowner in this area.  That location is a beautiful cornfield currently, so I would hate to see that go. But maybe this would help to drive property values up in the neighborhood around it? I wouldn't think that property would be best suited for something like this either, since it is a rolling hill. So a bit of fear on what it would visually look like since so much dirt would have to be moved around. 

Looking at some aerials to better understand the area tells me this is the perfect location for a facility like this. While topographically it appears to have a good drop to the west, that would hopefully be a feature that adds parking decks or terracing of the facility. With the Williamson County Expo Park  directly across the street, this facility could be a compliment to events that occur there while also serving a multitude of events in of itself. Not to mention the hotels being built near Berry Farm, along with the retail over there. This could be a very successful development. Long Lane may need to be altered (as much as it pains me to say that) from Peytonsville Road to Alfred Ladd Road to include sidewalks and possibly some turn lane markings.

The only concern I have about this facility would be the parking. I would hope to see the parking structured and hidden from the street. Would be great if it went under the facility and took advantage of the topography if plausible. I'm sure the multi-million dollar estate just to the north will contest this as well.

Royal Oaks office complex (two 3 story buildings, 100,000 sq. ft?) update courtesy of REI Concrete:

Looking west from intersection of Royal Oaks Blvd. and Forrest Crossing Blvd. office complex:

Royal Oaks Blvd and Forrest Crossing Blvd office complex, REI Concrete, July 6, 2020, 1.png

Looking NE from intersection of Royal Oaks Blvd. and Forrest Crossing Blvd. office complex:

Royal Oaks Blvd and Forrest Crossing Blvd office complex, REI Concrete, July 6, 2020, 2.png

• Like 1

Warhorse Venture Partners' idea for an ice rink, sports field house, and restaurant complex on 25 acres north of Williamson County Expo Center have met strong opposition from neighborhood residents.

Warhorse will present their proposal to the city's planning commission and the Board of Mayors and Aldermen joint work session on Aug. 27 for further input. They also expressed interest in another neighborhood meeting following that work session.

“This is not a done deal,” Eric Gamble pf Warhorse said near the end of the meeting. "We are hearing your comments. We are taking notes, we are hearing your concerns. We don't have the answers to everyone's concerns tonight because this is not all planned out. This is not a done deal."

A vote on the amendment of Envision Franklin that would pave way for the new sports facility is tentatively scheduled for Sept. 24.

Those interested in watching the full session are directed to the City of Franklin website to see a recording of the Zoom meeting, as well as a record of the messages in the chat, which should be uploaded soon.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21142736/franklin-residents-voice-opposition-to-plans-for-multiuse-sports-complex

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Warhorse Venture Partners' idea for an ice rink, sports field house, and restaurant complex on 25 acres north of Williamson County Expo Center have met strong opposition from neighborhood residents.

Warhorse will present their proposal to the city's planning commission and the Board of Mayors and Aldermen joint work session on Aug. 27 for further input. They also expressed interest in another neighborhood meeting following that work session.

“This is not a done deal,” Eric Gamble pf Warhorse said near the end of the meeting. "We are hearing your comments. We are taking notes, we are hearing your concerns. We don't have the answers to everyone's concerns tonight because this is not all planned out. This is not a done deal."

A vote on the amendment of Envision Franklin that would pave way for the new sports facility is tentatively scheduled for Sept. 24.

Those interested in watching the full session are directed to the City of Franklin website to see a recording of the Zoom meeting, as well as a record of the messages in the chat, which should be uploaded soon.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21142736/franklin-residents-voice-opposition-to-plans-for-multiuse-sports-complex

To be fair, most of the residences in that area are rather new, as well. Was plenty of opposition for Ladd Park and Berry Farms I would imagine. 

i actually play hockey occasionally, and yes, it’s extremely annoying to have to go all the way to Bellevue or Antioch to play. I say build it. The areas not going to look the same in 10 years, regardless.

• Like 2

I am fine with them building it, but I don't think that is a good location for it. There is a whole vacant street right off the Peytonsville exit where the old gas station and Inn were. Tear that down and build there. The land on Long Lane would need substantial work to level the ground, probably some massive retaining walls (yuck), then added sound retention for the neighborhood (hopefully). I am by no means ignorant to the fact that the area will look different in 10 years but currently Long Lane is not setup for commercial developments like this. 

Also, and I have no knowledge of this but from what I have read Cool Springs already had an ice rink but it had tons of financial problems and closed. Is this true?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigeasy said:

I am fine with them building it, but I don't think that is a good location for it. There is a whole vacant street right off the Peytonsville exit where the old gas station and Inn were. Tear that down and build there. The land on Long Lane would need substantial work to level the ground, probably some massive retaining walls (yuck), then added sound retention for the neighborhood (hopefully). I am by no means ignorant to the fact that the area will look different in 10 years but currently Long Lane is not setup for commercial developments like this. 

Also, and I have no knowledge of this but from what I have read Cool Springs already had an ice rink but it had tons of financial problems and closed. Is this true?

Yeah there was a rink that closed a few years ago and I’m not sure why. Maybe it was financial, but it seemed like there was always some tournaments going on there.

Amazon has settled on 2 more distribution centers: one on Mason Rd. in LaVergne, and the other at 1000 Richard Petty Way in Lebanon. Each will be about 170,000 sq. ft. in size, and employ at least a hundred people each. Both are set to open later this year. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/12/amazon-last-mile-delivery-leases-distribution.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 3

Cheekwood Golf Club in Franklin is finally moving ahead with the expansion plan that had been approved 3 years ago.

Through expansion of the golf facility to the other side of Mack Hatcher Parkway, with access coming from an existing greenway that will double as the cart path, the entire layout will consist of a nine-hole championship course, a six-hole par three course, practice facility, golf academy, driving range and clubhouse with a pro shop, restaurant and event space.

Plan available here:

https://franklintn.civicclerk.com/Web/GenFile.aspx?ad=1692

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/sports-business/article/21142841/highclass-venue-plan-appears-good-to-go-for-cheekwood-golf-club

Cheekwood Golf Course expansion, Aug 14, 2020, daigram 1.png

Cheekwood Golf Course expansion, Aug 14, 2020, daigram 2.png

Cheekwood Golf Course expansion, Aug 14, 2020, rendering.png

• Like 3

Panattoni Development has purchased another 97.2 acres next to Nashville Superspeedway in Lebanon for $6.5 million.  They now have 380 acres they have taken over from Dover Motorsports.  Most likely more manufacturing/warehousing space will be built.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/14/deal-dash-nashville-cre-activity-roundup.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 4