1 Brevard - 28 Story Tower at 4th & Brevard in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/morning-edition/2015/09/1brevard-boasts-charlottes-most-expensive-condo-on.html

$7 million for the penthouse. I don't understand how they're going to possibly get enough tenants with all these high asking prices.

I just thought to myself "that's a steal for a penthouse." 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a Panther player or Hornet player would buy it.  Good place for somebody who has 7M in  pocket change.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/morning-edition/2015/09/1brevard-boasts-charlottes-most-expensive-condo-on.html

$7 million for the penthouse. I don't understand how they're going to possibly get enough tenants with all these high asking prices.

"The buyer would also have access to building amenities such as a two-story waterfall, swimming pool, rooftop observatory, fitness deck and a library."

For $7 million in Charlotte, the penthouse should have a private two-story waterfall, swimming pool, rooftop observatory, fitness deck, and library.

I don't see why they're making a big deal about a two storey waterfall. You can go hang out on the sidewalk in front of the Fountains and enjoy the same thing. They did such a great job with their streetscape I'm sure that everyone will want to bring their folding chairs to sit next to it.

In addition to the waterfall option, for those accustomed to making it rain or just casually throwing money away, we offer a balcony locations where deductible donations can be thrown down to the United Way of Central Carolinas.  United Way is an expert in overhead donations, which you can discuss with the CEO in the 1 Brevard elevator!  

• 3 weeks later...

Are any of these places selling? There were 3 under contract a couple weeks ago but I haven't seen any others. It looks like they keep adding a few more each week to MLS. Up to 22 now. Original they were trying to market these that they wouldn't even be listed and everything would be by appointment only. I'm guessing that plan isn't going so well. Mean while the closest new construction places in southend (Lumina, Helix, dilworth Court and recently Southpoint) are selling really well. 

Hopefully David Furman's condo on N Tryon will be priced more realistically. 

Are any of these places selling? There were 3 under contract a couple weeks ago but I haven't seen any others. It looks like they keep adding a few more each week to MLS. Up to 22 now. Original they were trying to market these that they wouldn't even be listed and everything would be by appointment only. I'm guessing that plan isn't going so well. Mean while the closest new construction places in southend (Lumina, Helix, dilworth Court and recently Southpoint) are selling really well. 

I'd imagine we'd have more like trademark or courtside pricing.  David Furman has never been one to be in the super luxury market.  Stay in that price range I think  they will sell great 

I'd imagine we'd have more like trademark or courtside pricing.  David Furman has never been one to be in the super luxury market.  Stay in that price range I think  they will sell great 

That would be nice as long as he gets rid of those terrible overhanging bathroom sinks. I lived in Quarterside for a while and they were a b*itch to clean. He used the same sinks for quarterside, trademark and courtside. Other than that I think he has had some really great designs. 

• 2 weeks later...

6 are now under contract.

It's actually 30% of the total sales price, not units.  They are selling some higher end units so they should be able to meet that number quicker.

They have under contract from 589k-1.8M. each one is a different unit and price range so they kind of balance each other out. So about 3.5% of the number of units have sold. Even if that is 5% of the total price they still need another 15 months to hit that 30%.

• 2 months later...

Archived