Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

Paul Krugman of The NY Times likes to talk about the “Very Serious People” (VSP) in his columns.

Accordingly, I’m going to acknowledge the requests of our VSP and stop placing any photos/vids in the main room (as Florida Born points out, I post almost everything on my iPhone and it’s not simple to manipulate sizes and such).

Meanwhile, up in the Coffee House where we laid-back slackers dwell, it will be business as usual. Hopefully, everyone’s sensibilities will thus be favorably massaged.

Charge On!

Edited by spenser1058

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

CSP is supposed to open October 1st according to LoopNet. How accurate does this seam?

Since the audience there is a potential tenant, spaces may be available for build out starting Oct. 1?  Looks like the hotel operator is projecting a 2020 opening. https://www.kolter.com/portfolio/ac-hotel-marriott-orlando/

Edited by smileguy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Is it now not ugly? I can't tell anymore!?

Coming down the South St. ramp today, homely was the word that struck me. The west side is fine but the east side looks like something from an episode of Dragnet. 

Oh well, one fine day they’ll fix the ramp from I4 eastbound to the E/W and I’ll just ignore it (although the Orange Ave exit is apparently disappearing so maybe not. *sigh*)

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I don't think it's ugly.

There are a couple of things I wish were different, but overall, I don't find it ugly.

Not even the piano keys.

Hmmm...

Well I will say that those fins add a “heartiness” to the blue part...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Check out this photo showing those fins.  Look at the transition to the piano key facade.  I think the fins help.

They really help differentiate the south facade of the main tower from that little smooth glass transition strip between it and the piano key section.

They help make the whole thing look less like one mass and more like separate buildings.

Something I've mentioned before.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

They really help differentiate the south facade of the main tower from that little smooth glass transition strip between it and the piano key section.

They help make the whole thing look less like one mass and more like separate buildings.

Something I've mentioned before.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if they spot-lit those fins, wouldn’t the building light up like BOA in Miami?