Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

1 hour ago, alex said:

The library has its own little used bookstore, but not many people seem to know about it. Would be nice to move it to an actual storefront.

I have purchased many used books from that store as well as donated used books to them over the years. I've got several right now that need to go there.

I think they used to call it "Friends of the Library Used Book Store". Don't know if they still do.

Ah, looks like they do. Just checked the link.

41 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Was told today that rents would be one bedrooms from $1665-$2000 and two bedroom from $2050-$2965. They of course charge an extra $10 for a pet and $150 if you want an extra parking spot. 

:tw_expressionless:

How's CitiTower doing again? Still empty?

I figured they would be expensive b/c the U Club is in there.

Wife and I are moving to Orlando and spent the past few days looking at apartments downtown. CitiTower was super nice if you can afford it. For what it's worth, they told us it is currently 70% occupied. Here are some pictures with Modera in it that I took while there.

CB16A462-FBF5-4B57-BA00-62D1CD4E8A43.jpeg

3578F6F3-98DD-4F11-B599-8675F624D9FF.jpeg

• Like 4

Moving for work. Wife and I are planning on starting a family soon and wanted to have some family nearby for that. We also looked in Jacksonville (where she's from) but there weren't good job options. We both had good opportunities in Orlando pop up and went with it. Incredible to see how much construction is currently going on around the city.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, opivys85 said:

Moving for work. Wife and I are planning on starting a family soon and wanted to have some family nearby for that. We also looked in Jacksonville (where she's from) but there weren't good job options. We both had good opportunities in Orlando pop up and went with it. Incredible to see how much construction is currently going on around the city.

"Good opportunities in Orlando?" "Incredible to see how much construction is currently going on..?" Eeeek! Don't tell Reality, it'll ruin his whole week! *giggles*

Just kidding. Glad it's working out well for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Well, we are both in the medical field, and I can't really comment on other fields, but there are lots of opportunities for medical professionals in Orlando and the surrounding area. I'm hoping the sunrail continues to grow and expand as I think it has a lot of potential to interconnect all the growing islands within the city

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

"Good opportunities in Orlando?" "Incredible to see how much construction is currently going on..?" Eeeek! Don't tell Reality, it'll ruin his whole week! *giggles*

Just kidding. Glad it's working out well for you.

Careful.... you'll get quoted and excoriated in a Coffee House thread by a guy with 165 posts. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Careful.... you'll get quoted and excoriated in a Coffee House thread by a guy with 165 posts. :rolleyes:

Eh... I wouldn't call it "excoriated,' but it was necessary given recent events, and I don't think post count means much when it comes to that.  I'm on another forum where a version of this happened a while ago.  The only way things got back on track with meaningful discussion was when someone neutral intervened.  Evidently, it worked a second time.  Although, not in the way I would want.  I can continue discussing this with you if you want in the new thread.

Anyways, this thing is looking a lot better than I imagined it would.  It's kinda cool seeing the buildings layering with all these new projects.

Edited by WAJAS98

7 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

So, to summarize: no politics, no 7-Eleven jokes, no response to a poster whose very screen name suggests the rest of us are clueless. I wonder if these are the folks who made the Orlando room at SSC so exciting?

7-eleven jokes are fine because they contribute to the conversation to some level.  It connects the community.  No politics is generally only true when people begin to attack those on the opposing party.  It is just what happens when politics is discussed in detail.  The last one I can't help you with.  A response is different from an insult.  I've never been to SSC because I enjoy the more urban development focus of this forum. Again, I'll discuss it more with you in the proper thread.   Last time I'm replying to an off-topic post.

Is there any retail or eatery on the ground floor of this?  I honestly haven't been following it too much.

Edited by WAJAS98

2 minutes ago, WAJAS98 said:

Eh... I wouldn't call it "excoriated,' but it was necessary given recent events, and I don't think post count means much when it comes to that.  I'm on another forum where a version of this happened a while ago.  The only way things got back on track with meaningful discussion was when someone neutral intervened.  Evidently, it worked a second time.  Although, not in the way I would want.  I can continue discussing this with you if you want in the new thread.

Anyways, this thing is looking a lot better than I imagined it would.  It's kinda cool seeing the buildings layering with all these new projects.

I have no issues with you WAJAS, and I respect what you're saying. But I'm not apologizing either. That guy had been asking for it for a long time now. He was purposely trolling this forum and pissing people off and I'd just had enough.

Besides, the mild sarcasm I spoke to him with was not all that bad. I was just trying to get his attention while making a point. Sometimes sarcasm is the only way to get through to someone.

Anyway, enough of all this.

• Like 3

Went and checked out all the apartments in the area the other day since my sweet 2/2 for $1200 deal is ending. Citi is still the ugliest damn place to live of everything in the area. They wanted $2600 for their smallest 2/2. Told me they are hitting 55% now but its great because you get the place to yourself most of the time.

Going to be interesting to see how they sell this place. Is the entrance going to be next to the library and 7/11? That isn't going to sell you $3000 apartments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1