Stone Avenue/North End

vicupstate

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

108-110 E. Stone Ave. (,485 acres with buildings)sold for $1,600,000 on 9/2/22.  

309 E. Stone Ave. (.77 acres with building)  sold for $1,625,000 on 9/20/22. 

23 Wade Hampton Blvd (.213 acres with building) sold for $615,000 on 9/23/22. The buyer already owns the adjoining property at 31 Wade Hampton Blvd.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

The former Sears on Stone Avenue is going to be demolished and redeveloped.

Since the site worked well for a general-merchandise big-box store for decades, and with Harris Teeter across the street showing that retail is feasible in this area, Target, please, please come!

Do you have any details on this? This has been talked about for quite some time now: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2021/11/01/major-development-opportunity-poised-stone-avenue-greenville/6137774001/

I don't think any conceptual plans have been released yet as far as I know.. the land value is right around $12MM, if not more.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

On 11/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, vicupstate said:

10/17/2022: 106 E. Stone Ave. sold for $750k, .223 acre parcel.  Same buyer also bought 114 E. Stone Ave. and 123 Vannoy St. for $1,187,501. Buyer also owns 108, 110 E. Stone Ave. Total of 1 acre. 

Seems to be some progress with this. They have voluntary cleanup signs posted and looks like utility lines have been identified and marked.

This site is now under contract: 

https://www.loopnet.com/viewer/pdf?file=https%3a%2f%2fimages1.loopnet.com%2fd2%2f0fgVW6aF6zUtHb30v9MvAIKWeUoIDNHyLjFf1xE-2H8%2f817EStoneAveForSalecompressed.pdf

I don’t know how anything is going to be allowed by the city to get built there when it’s in a flood plain. You all remember what happened to the restaurant that used to be there.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

This site is now under contract: 

https://www.loopnet.com/viewer/pdf?file=https%3a%2f%2fimages1.loopnet.com%2fd2%2f0fgVW6aF6zUtHb30v9MvAIKWeUoIDNHyLjFf1xE-2H8%2f817EStoneAveForSalecompressed.pdf

I don’t know how anything is going to be allowed by the city to get built there when it’s in a flood plain. You all remember what happened to the restaurant that used to be there.

I drove by this site just 2 hours ago and wondered the same thing. I think the existing building would be grandfathered in.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 4:41 PM, vicupstate said:

image.png.f06d512aa7ab5485f375db9423ad66e9.png

These reports will be given at city council's meeting on Monday.  426 N Main is the Municipal Court Building which the city will no longer need once the Halton Rd building is finished.  I assume the city may be going to issue an RFP on it.    

Request For Qualification process to start soon to sell 1.92 acres that is the Municipal Court property. The building should be vacant by early 2024. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Request For Qualification process to start soon to sell 1.92 acres that is the Municipal Court property. The building should be vacant by early 2024. 

There don’t appear to be any height restrictions for the vast majority of the site under the new proposed zoning law which is good to see. It would be zoned MXS-D. A little tiny sliver of the site would be zoned CV right where Academy and Main meet which has a height restriction of five stories/68 feet. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

There don’t appear to be any height restrictions for the vast majority of the site under the new proposed zoning law which is good to see. It would be zoned MXS-D. A little tiny sliver of the site would be zoned CV right where Academy and Main meet which has a height restriction of five stories/68 feet. 

That silver is part of the parking lot .  That should have been unlimited too, IMO.   The eventual buyer may want to include the American Legion property as well.  If the height isn't changed on those parcels it would needlessly effect the buildings potential design and density.   

53 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

That silver is part of the parking lot .  That should have been unlimited too, IMO.   The eventual buyer may want to include the American Legion property as well.  If the height isn't changed on those parcels it would needlessly effect the buildings potential design and density.   

I made a mistake. The CV zoning is actually on the American Legion site not the court building site: https://www.greenvillesc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/22947/2023-03-15_Draft_Zoning_Map-PDF The entire court building site is slated to be zoned MXS-D. The silver coloring you see is actually the condo building next door not the parking lot. And yes, hopefully both the American Legion and court building sites are included with any sale. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I made a mistake. The CV zoning is actually on the American Legion site not the court building site: https://www.greenvillesc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/22947/2023-03-15_Draft_Zoning_Map-PDF The entire court building site is slated to be zoned MXS-D. The silver coloring you see is actually the condo building next door not the parking lot. And yes, hopefully both the American Legion and court building sites are included with any sale. 

The American Legion may not be the "highest" use of its site, but it is a historic piece of property and use. I'd like to see them be able to improve their property and remain in some capacity. 

33 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

The American Legion may not be the "highest" use of its site, but it is a historic piece of property and use. I'd like to see them be able to improve their property and remain in some capacity. 

It's an out of date building that nobody goes to. It would get 50 times the number of visitors if it were part of Heritage Green.