Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Yeah, I hate the Wilson Plumbing building.  My favorite parts is how they chain off the parking lot so it sits there, useless.  Are they even in business?  When we're at Pied Piper I try to sit on the other side of the restaurant so I don't have to stare out the window at it.

Anyone know the history of the two large buildings behind the old Kroger off of Dickerson and Broadmoor?  I know it used to be a world church but what was it before?  What was it originally?  etc.

Edited by grilled_cheese

Anyone know the history of the two large buildings behind the old Kroger off of Dickerson and Broadmoor?  I know it used to be a world church but what was it before?  What was it originally?  etc.

I dont have the best memory in the world, and I am only 30....so Ill need some help here, but....

I do believe one of the buildings was a Sears, one was an auto parts business (Western Auto....maybe)

Like I said, I could be totally off here...

Just remember going from where I grew up in East Nashville/Inglewood past there, down Ewing Ln to my grandparents house in Whites Creek

• Like 1

I guess this is why Nashville Ready Mix is trying to move operations to thier property on Baptist World Center.

Golf and entertainment complex eyes Cowan Street site

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/01/23/topgolf-eyes-cowan-st-site-sports-entertainment-complex/22251489/

While I probably would not frequent something like this, I think it would be a good fit next to LP Field. Maybe get the ball rolling a little faster on relocating PSC Metals for possible mixed use and/or greenway options.

• Like 1

Heard Eastland Kroger will be taking over Attached Citi Trends and significantly expanding? Anyone else read/heard that? Good news if true

Yes.  That has been planned and was announced several years ago when Kroger came to the Eastwood Neighbors meetings to request approval to construct the fuel center at the corner to replace the junk car lot that used to sit there.  The explanation given was that Kroger was waiting on the CitiTrends lease to expire so that they could renovate the entire store.  I'm not certain of where we are in the timeline of that lease today.

Phase Ib was just completed, so Phase II is next.  I'm not certain about the status, but the historic school house on Eastland was removed to make way for Phase II.

I didn't realize the one just completed was Ib and not II. Apparently, neither did March:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2014/3/31/end_of_year_start_eyed_for_next_phase_of_east_sides_walden

I look at it like this. It gives someone else the opportunity to start another successful business in that location.

That is a really good way of looking at it.  The back portion of that building has finally found a tenant, Serenite East Fitness.  The Historic East Nashville Merchants Association (HENMA) is having their next business meeting there on February 10th.  I will be there for the East Nashvillian of the Year award presentation, and I am looking forward to seeing the space.  I haven't been in that back portion of the building for several years since there was a Pop-Up Shop art event several years ago when the property owner launched the rebranding of that corner as Porter Crossing.

I'm sure that the front of the building could be leased soon after The Family Wash moves.  That is a pretty ideal space for an intimate restaurant, which I hope could continue to offer live music.