Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Interesting concept coming soon to Douglas Ave.

Hound Dog Commons

https://www.facebook.com/Hounddogcommons/posts/585790864898161

To quote their FB post;

"Hound Dog Commons is coming soon! We will be located the Highland Park neighborhood of East Nashville. The plan is to create an amazing space for the community to come together, be together, and play together. Bring your dog to play in our dog park, while you indulge in some the many activities we will be providing. To name a few: Coffee, Tea, Craft Beer, Live Music, Glamping, Arts and Crafts, Community Gardens, Food Trucks, Retail, Games, Bonfires, and of course… MUCH MORE!"

This will be in Highland Heights directly across from the coming soon Adele's, which is the laundromat/cafe. This stretch of Douglas is in desperate need of some new life as there are some great spaces avaliable.

I hope to see both of these succeed.

Question for you guys out East. Has the Chapel Lofts project started yet?????

I am updating my project list, and so much is happening, I cant even remember what day it is. This has been a busy last week of the year relatively speaking in comparison with years past. Use to, we could count on this week being "dead as a doornail" to use a phrase of the season.

Question for you guys out East. Has the Chapel Lofts project started yet?????

I am updating my project list, and so much is happening, I cant even remember what day it is. This has been a busy last week of the year relatively speaking in comparison with years past. Use to, we could count on this week being "dead as a doornail" to use a phrase of the season.

What was Chapel Lofts?  I suspect that it was the second Hobson Church redevelopment site proposal, which never came to fruition.  John Root had been the architect on that project, which fell through due to financing issues.  The new (3rd and let's hope, final) proposal from a different developer is Greenwood Village (Clay Haynes). 

On a similar note, the Eastland Court (?) cottage project for 11 detached SFHs at Porter/Eastland seems to have some life.  This SP was approved about a year and a half ago.  The brick four-plexes that used to sit there were demolished recently, so I am waiting on permits to come through for the 11 homes to go on that corner.  Very contemporary designs.

I have facilitated one recent community meeting with Rolling Acres neighbors for 2208 Eastland, a proposal for a 25-unit cottage development at Eastland/Skyview that will back up to Shelby Golf Course (March Edgerton).  This proposal will be heard by MPC in January.

I have also moderated another community meeting with Eastwood/Rolling Acres neighbors for Heritage East, a 66-unit apartment proposal at Porter/Tillman. This proposal would take up the lower 2/3rds of the block bounded by Porter/Tillman/Powers/Waters and is scheduled to be heard at MPC on January 8th.  Cliff and I are working on scheduling a second community meeting prior to then. 

Edited by bwithers1

Well some of it makes a little since, but there are names for areas in E Nashville and other places, but some of it is to create identities for little pockets of areas. Yes, it is probably self serving, but the older neighborhoods had folks calling them a certain name and it stuck to what they have become today.

For me, I don't really care what you call it, but I do understand where some of you are coming from, but if you are new to town, they don't really know or care.

Its sort of like naming condos and apartments. It gets a little cliche-ish.

I thought they could really come up with some nifty name for those buildings, like the Condemned, or the West End dump. Some could be called the EyeSoredium, because they hurt the eye to look at.  But I digress. Sorry for the rabbit trail.

Sounds like another real estate agent/developer driven rebranding not unlike the attempt to rename The Nations as Historic West Town.

Buncha hooey if you ask me.

Yeah, "Three Points," the made-up name that appeared out of nowhere in a Tennessean article earlier this year.  It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

To be fair, the family that is working on this project does not call the area "Three Points."  They have indeed lived here over a hundred years and their ancestors literally built many of the homes on Porter when the streetcar was first run through there.  Lanier Brandau, who is quoted in the article, has expressed criticism of efforts by organizations to assign a name to that area without consultanting with the residents.  So they are surely not behind that line in the article. 

It must just be someone at the Tennessean trying to keep something going that isn't even "a thing." 

The northeast corner of Porter and Tillman, where this property is located, is in Eastwood.  Plain and simple. 

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 2

Are we sure this is East Nashville/Inglewood and not Madison? Google Street View always seems to default to this location when it can't figure out if it's Gallatin Rd / Ave / Pike. There was a permit for a new Chinese restaurant that everyone thought was going to East Nashville (NADC area) because Google Street View defaulted to this area and it actually was built in Madison. The Post actually said "East Nashville to get Chinese Restaurant". I don't see where they are going to jam a 1.7 million dollar used car lot in that location?

Inglewood infill progress pictures:

near the corner of Hart and Saunders

fF9KVN9.jpg

H002YJO.jpg

My parents live near this one and are all kinds of pissed about it, no notice to the neighborhood that it was being built prior, half way through the foundation being laid out and framing being started they finally put up a sign with what was planned.

Are we sure this is East Nashville/Inglewood and not Madison? Google Street View always seems to default to this location when it can't figure out if it's Gallatin Rd / Ave / Pike. There was a permit for a new Chinese restaurant that everyone thought was going to East Nashville (NADC area) because Google Street View defaulted to this area and it actually was built in Madison. The Post actually said "East Nashville to get Chinese Restaurant". I don't see where they are going to jam a 1.7 million dollar used car lot in that location?

I hope this is the case.  Hell, there's an empty car lot up in Inglewood they could take over if they wanted.

My parents live near this one and are all kinds of pissed about it, no notice to the neighborhood that it was being built prior, half way through the foundation being laid out and framing being started they finally put up a sign with what was planned.

Yeah, I saw some meltdowns on the EN FB group last night over this.  Kinda bummed that there were no meetings beforehand, considering how everything down in Lockleland Springs gets 20 meetings before they even name the place.  AND they get all the bars and restaurants and we get this crap?  Must be nice for them.

On a positive note, Sip Cafe looks really close to completion.

There is a small mixed use project on Gallitan Road in the Inglewood area on the East side of the street. It's called The Shoppes at something. I cannot remember, but the land has been graded off.

I've watched it be graded out the last 6 months.  Watch it be a couple corporate stores.

I hope this is the case.  Hell, there's an empty car lot up in Inglewood they could take over if they wanted.

Yeah, I saw some meltdowns on the EN FB group last night over this.  Kinda bummed that there were no meetings beforehand, considering how everything down in Lockleland Springs gets 20 meetings before they even name the place.  AND they get all the bars and restaurants and we get this crap?  Must be nice for them.

On a positive note, Sip Cafe looks really close to completion.

Okay I Googled 2430 Gallatin Pike North Madison and it looks like a landscaping business across the street from a car dealership near the Sumner Co line. I would be willing to bet this is where the used car dealership will be, at least I hope so. 

• Like 1

You should contact your state rep and senator since this is a state project.