Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

1402 Buchanan (2 stories, mixed use) update: open with some retailers set along Buchanan St.

Looking NW from intersection of Buchanan St. and 14th Ave. North:

1402 Buchanan, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Buchanan St., 1/2 block east of 15th Ave. North:

1402 Buchanan, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from14th Ave. North, 1/8 block north of Buchanan St:

1402 Buchanan, July 16, 2022, 3.jpeg

• Like 3

An unknown developer is planning an apartment complex of unknown size at 3699 Dickerson Pike. The land is currently owned by Core Holdings.  Centric Architecture is involved according to initial filing documents.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/07/22/deal-dash.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development maps shows the site highlighted in tan at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 4.17.25 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Residence Inn MetroCenter (6 stories, 124 rooms) update: erosion fencing up, excavation of site underway. We now have a rending as well.

Residence Inn MetroCenter, July 22, 2022, render.png

Looking  north from French Landing Drive, 1/3 block east of Venture Circle:

Residence Inn MetroCenter, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Venture Circle, 1 block north of French Landing Drive:

Residence Inn MetroCenter, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

This screen shot from Smeagolsgree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

727086350_ResidenceInnMetroCenterJuly222022sitemap.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clay Street Commons (two structures, 3 stories, 61 units) update: Phase I on west side of 9th nearing exterior completion; demo underway for Phase II on east side of 9th Ave. North.

Looking SW from intersection of Clay St. and 9th Ave. North:

Clay Street Commons, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from 9th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Clay St:

Clay Street Commons, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Clay St., 1/2 block east of 10th Ave. North:

Clay Street Commons, July 16, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking east from intersection of Clay St. and 9th Ave. North:

Clay Street Commons, July 16, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from 9th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Clay St:

Clay Street Commons, July 16, 2022, 5.jpeg

• Like 3

Crossroads Campus (retail, 18 residential units on 1.09 acre) update: up to 2nd floor of residential structure; renovation of existing storefront underway.

Looking  south from intersection of Buchanan St. and 16th Ave. North:

Crossroads Campus, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Buchanan St., 1/2 block east of Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Blvd:

Crossroads Campus, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Camden Property Trust is getting ready to launch Camden Nations (5 stories, 393 units, 7,800 sq. ft. of ground level retail, internal garage) after paying #30 million for the approx. 3 acre site at 5010 Tennessee Ave. from LifeStyle Communities.  The latter has been planning a similar sized residential complex on the site for several years.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/08/15/camden-nations.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Camden Nations, Aug 15, 2022, site map.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FrankNash said:

^^^The Nations neighborhood is incredibly dense.  That area reminds me of a northeastern city. 

I suppose it's all relative and subjective, and I do appreciate the way it is developing and I'm not saying it needs to change one bit.   That area has made exciting and incredible strides that is quickly transforming it into a very high quality traditionally structured neighborhood.  But I think calling it "incredibly dense" is probably a stretch.  I'm just saying, although the houses are much closer together in The Nations than is typical for metro Nashville, in the end it is still a neighborhood made up almost exclusively of single family homes each with sizeable front and back yards.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I suppose it's all relative and subjective, and I do appreciate the way it is developing and I'm not saying it needs to change one bit.   That area has made exciting and incredible strides that is quickly transforming it into a very high quality traditionally structured neighborhood.  But I think calling it "incredibly dense" is probably a stretch.  I'm just saying, although the houses are much closer together in The Nations than is typical for metro Nashville, in the end it is still a neighborhood made up almost exclusively of single family homes each with sizeable front and back yards.  

And mostly lacking sidewalks, or no? That’s the one huge drawback of many of our neighborhoods, even many in fairly urban older neighborhoods.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

And mostly lacking sidewalks, or no? That’s the one huge drawback of many of our neighborhoods, even many in fairly urban older neighborhoods.

So far as I can tell, yes, the sidewalks are still extremely patchy... I realize it's a work in progress, and that they're essentially trying to build a sidewalk network from scratch in a place where there was none before, but good grief, I wish the city would just come in and finish the job already. 

Here is a shot of Kentucky Avenue, which from a satellite image, appears to be one of the more "dense" sections of the neighborhood, but look at that sidewalk situation.  What is going on here?  

https://goo.gl/maps/ViUotCnxAHHci51UA

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

So far as I can tell, yes, the sidewalks are still extremely patchy... I realize it's a work in progress, and that they're essentially trying to build a sidewalk network from scratch in a place where there was none before, but good grief, I wish the city would just come in and finish the job already. 

Here is a shot of Kentucky Avenue, which from a satellite image, appears to be one of the more "dense" sections of the neighborhood, but look at that sidewalk situation.  What is going on here?  

Yes the sidewalk situation is no good on most streets. The area has has had weak council representation and most developers have instead paid the in lieu of fee for sidewalks instead of building them.  Just so incredibly shortsighted.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Yeah. Fun fact, they held a back-patting ribbon-cutting ceremony for the 51st "Complete Street" despite there not being sidewalks on either side for most of the last few blocks of the street. It's kind of a bummer that the new construction sidewalk requirement was so late in happening, if it had been in effect in 2010 the Nations would probably have like 80% coverage.

Luckily this new project will fill in part of that sidewalk gap. And maybe someday enough spots on centennial will be redeveloped to get a long continuous sidewalk.

16 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Pretty sure those are intended to be off-street parking spots, not sidewalk. A clever way to prevent people parking in front of your house (and mostly in the city-owned right-of-way, I imagine).

Edited by GregH
additional content

1 hour ago, GregH said:

Pretty sure those are intended to be off-street parking spots, not sidewalk. A clever way to prevent people parking in front of your house (and mostly in the city-owned right-of-way, I imagine).

You're correct, these were put in by the home owners as parking pads so their guests could have off street parking. 

701 40th Ave. North will be the .8 acre site for a 3 story, 38 unit residential complex serving low-income renters to be developed by Woodbine Community Organization.  No renderings yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/parcel-near-the-nations-eyed-for-apartment-building/article_b29ca70c-1d78-11ed-af4e-d7dbdbca01e7.html

701 40th Ave North, Aug 16, 2022, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

701 40th Ave North, Aug 16, 2022, site map.png

• Like 4