Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

12 minutes ago, Dunkijo said:

It looks like this property highlighted in blue off of Centennial Blvd is currently for sale for proposed redevelopment for residential/mixed use. I couldn't find much on it or if it is still an active listing. Anyone else know anything about this? 

1.jpg

There was a LoopNet listing for it at one time but it was only for lease. The company that is there now quit claimed the land in 2014, so we do not know the asking price. It is not on the market as of today. There is no MLS listing for it.

If there is a sign let me know who the broker is!

• Like 3

I don't get what's at street level in that rendering. And the rest of the building looks like a medical office building from the 1960s. I'd expect West End to warrant much more flair and a better effort than just a short imitation of Rokeby.  Looking on the map, I think the buildings on that site are 1950s era duplexes with no architectural merit except they're not oversized for their lots. 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 9:02 AM, dxfret said:

Private schools like MBA,  Ensworth and Harpeth Hall have disgusting amounts of money.  Their campuses resemble country clubs.  Not the type of educational experience I would ever choose for a child, regardless of how much money I had to spend.  I prefer that kids have a “real world” educational experience. 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:12 AM, Nash_12South said:

I get your points.  I had zero "real world" experience upon graduation. In their defense, I will say that I did know how to study when I did get to college. My first years at UT were a breeze after 4 years of 2-3 hours of homework every night.

I have to admit though ─ Peabody Demonstration School (now University School of Nashville), when it still was a part of former Peabody College, did prepare me for real-world application, as well for transitioning to advanced work for my undergrad major.

More importantly, it really helped form a framework for written and spoken communication, which back during the mid-1960s seemed rather challenging in the curricula of the then-newly-forming MNPS system, which I attended two years after relocating from Central Illinois.  Then-current Nashville junior-high levels had been two competency steps lower than those of the grade-school and junior high from which I had transferred in Central Illinois (1963).  Of course, back then we had a vastly different social environment with understood customs of the times.

That framework seems to have served me well, as I bounced from one pursuit to another, and it has continuously been built upon to adapt as appropriate, even some 52 years past that first tassel-turning ceremony.  Nowadays I just coast and "graze" the pastures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Novel Harpeth Heights (4 buildings, 322 units) at 615 Old Hickory Blvd. has received a collective $51.5 million in permits for McShane Construction to work on the project.  Plans are for first residences to open in late 2022. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21146516/permit-patrol-15-march-2021

• Like 4

3707 Hillsboro Pike (4,195 sq. ft. Park Cleaners structure on .17 acre) is now finally up for sale at $2.5 million.  it is immediately north of theKrystal location that was purchased by CVS Pharmacy a few years ago. CVS is interested in purchasing the Park Cleaners structure as well.  This is all part of the master plan to relocate the existing CVS at the SW corner of Hillsboro Rd. and Crestmoor, so that building can be raised by Metro to "straighten" the double intersections of Crestmoor Rd. and Glen Echo Rd. into one intersection. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146622/green-hills-building-offered-for-sale-for-25m

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.45.53 AM.png

• Like 4

Does anyone know if the church has special rights to the alley from it's parking lot to Crestmoor? It separates the CVS owned properties (old Krystal and parking lot to it's left. Also, CVS still doesn't appear to own the property between the former Krystal and Park Cleaners. I wish the city could push this issues to get resolved. Could the path of the current Crestmoor (and some of the current CVS land) get incorporated into a new CVS lot to provide the size CVS seems to want? My impression is that CVS feels it must remain open during any moving scenario and that is difficult.

Edited by Nash_12South