Virginia Beach Arena (Cancelled)

vdogg

Watch the council meeting. I'm guessing Andrea will speak. All loan documents delivered to me means they have closed on the loan. If they haven't closed, then all documents have in fact NOT been delivered. Has the money been wired is the question Alissa should have asked.

• Like 1

It is possible that they literally just delivered the documents to the clerk and the clerk has not had time to inform the Council of this.

1 minute ago, baobabs727 said:

I always watch them on YouTube, not live. Channel 48 in Norfolk is not VBTV. Any other way to find this? I tried the website, but there's nothing going on live. 

It's on the vbgov website under city council. Click on "View live meeting".

Going by what Reid just said, the issue seems to be that all the documents were delivered at the last minute and the city attorney has not had time to confirm that it complies with the agreement. This would account for the discrepancy between the mayor and Andrea.

Here comes Andrea...

JP Morgan is ready to close tonight. Andrea needs the council to direct the city attorney to close.

All documents have been delivered. The lender is in the audience to confirm that they have closed.

The level of mystery and opacity surrounding this 9-1 vote is entirely unacceptable to me.  Absolutely infuriating. Who the hell do they think they are?

They need to explain to us EXACTLY what the hell is going on.  It is not sufficient for them to hide behind their dais up there and vote without comment.

It is not sufficient for them to have such a major disagreement over compliance without explaining what that disagreement is based upon. 

This is not good governance. This is not transparency. Who is lying? Who is telling the truth? 

Up is down & down is up! I am spinning. 

Andrea Kilmer  and her CFO plainly and clearly stated that they and their lender are ready to close right now. Tonight.  That all conditions have been met.

And then Mayor says that he has been advised... unknown by whom… That the conditions have not been met. 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, urbanvb said:

Mayor Sessoms said Andrea has been advised she has until midnight. Did I hear this correctly?

He said AEG.

Not understanding Rosemary Wilson being the only no vote on this. Alissa needs to talk to her, I have a feeling she'll share what she thinks.

• Like 1

Andrea Claims it's down to a technicality. What that technicality is nobody is saying.

Check out @AlissaSkelton’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/AlissaSkelton/status/928051187282214912?s=09

She would not say whether she would take the city to court or not, but this is starting to sound ugly. She said they've spent a lot of money on this deal, and I guess they feel the city is not living up to their end of the agreement.

Yep. What did I say about lawsuits. OMG.  Never thought it would be between the city and Kilmer though. 

There are no winners here  if this thing doesn't go through.  That's why I still hold out a glimmer of hope  that they will clear this up at some point and resubmit.  I mean, if the deal was good today, why wouldn't it be good next week? Nobody else is chomping at the bit to pony up $250 million.   What's the harm in reconsidering another submission? 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 1

OK, well then are we to believe that J.P. Morgan Chase would actually close tonight if the money wasn't, indeed, there?   Does that make any sense at all? 

Andrea Kilmer says it's there, and that JPMC  will close tonight as soon as it's directed by City Atty to do so.  She said she was getting emails from the lender asking to close as she walking into the building!!

So what are we supposed to believe? 

Edited by baobabs727