The VUE

Tim3167

For those who say it looks too 80's... When did you want buildings to be put up? The year 2000 and up? NY starrted in the early 19th centry. Ew! How 19th centry of them! Lets knock them all down and start over so all our buildings can look 21st centry and all glassy! Yea, thats the way a modern city should look! How dare we build a building in the 80's that looks like an....... 80's BUILDING! LOL

Sorry, I had to say that! Back to the vue! ;-)

totally valid point. i don't think it's been long enough since the 80s to judge whether or not the building will stand the test of time. it's not a monstrosity, but at the same time, there's no denying that it is pretty blatantly 80s. that combination though - not being awful, and being a good example of an 'era', make me think that 20 years down the road, most people will accept suntrust for what it is, and welcome it as being representative of an era of downtown's history.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally valid point. i don't think it's been long enough since the 80s to judge whether or not the building will stand the test of time. it's not a monstrosity, but at the same time, there's no denying that it is pretty blatantly 80s. that combination though - not being awful, and being a good example of an 'era', make me think that 20 years down the road, most people will accept suntrust for what it is, and welcome it as being representative of an era of downtown's history.

Very good point, 20 years is long enough for a building to just be old, (or no longer new). In another 20 years it will start to become historic and no one will want it touched. With that said I think it would be a classy change to just switch out the pastel green pyramids with copper and let them patina naturally.

Your always gonna have icons that are built throughout the decades. But we can't make a building in the 1980's and use 2005 design concepts. You have to make it with what you know at the time, and that's what they did with Suntrust. Imagine a 2005 Toyota in 1988? Same concept! Now... As the decades go by, hopefully a city grows to have all types of designs that represent each and every decade. Thats when you have variety that makes a city interesting.

Taken from The Vue's construction update site:

Up, up and away

January 4th, 2006

Workers are preparing the fifth floor slab of The VUE's 35-story tower. The white crane you see in the middle of the tower is a placement boom that helps workers pump concrete as the building rises. Next, we will begin work on the first lift of the parking garage by pouring columns and shear walls.

vue1ed.jpg

Back in July or August of 2004 I purchased a 2 story loft w/ about 1,300 square feet for $305,000 at The Vue. I met with some people yesterday at The Vue and asked if my same unit was still available (there's only 8 in the building). They told me that one is available for $549,000. Blew me away, had no idea they had gone up that much.

They also mentioned that construction on the 5th floor ceiling has started, or will be starting in the next couple of days. If you look hard enough on I-4 you can see The Vue peaking out. Can't wait till the building is easily visible on I-4.

Back in July or August of 2004 I purchased a 2 story loft w/ about 1,300 square feet for $305,000 at The Vue. I met with some people yesterday at The Vue and asked if my same unit was still available (there's only 8 in the building). They told me that one is available for $549,000. Blew me away, had no idea they had gone up that much.

They also mentioned that construction on the 5th floor ceiling has started, or will be starting in the next couple of days. If you look hard enough on I-4 you can see The Vue peaking out. Can't wait till the building is easily visible on I-4.

the loft floor plans are awesome. I asked about those originally and they said they had some on the 10th floor for 419,000(probably less sq footage). Sounds like the first buyers made a pretty good investment.

No, my unit is not a corner unit. My unit is situated around the elevator. There are 2 of the same units on floors 8,10,12,14. It's a pretty cool floor plan because there is a long hallway leading in and then it opens up. If you look on the Vue's website they are units A16 and A17. $549,00 sounded pretty high to me so maybe it was a misprint or they read it wrong, I don't know. All I have to go off of is what they told me yesterday.

Anyone who bought at The Vue and is picking out interior colors for the wood floor, granite, ceramic tile, ect. should definitely go in and check the stuff out in person. I picked my colors out yesterday and the colors do look a little different than the pamphlet The Vue sent to everyone. I thought they had some really nice choices to choose from. If you make an appointment on the weekend they have an interior designer that will meet with you to help pick colors free of charge. She is extremely helpful. I am a 23 year old guy and I had no idea what matches what so I definitely needed her help, LoL. Also I found a place that makes granite knobs and handles for kitchen and bathroom cabinets. They claim they can match any color of granite so I'm debating whether to replace the stock knobs with granite ones.

A couple of new renderings from the VUE website:

penthouseRenLg.jpg

Whats with the poor guy sitting on the balcony by himself. If I owned that top floor unit, I better have a flock of ladies up there with me.

Seriously, I do like the street interaction shown in the second picture. Thanks for the update Tim, the pictures are always greatly appreciated by people like myself who can't always make it downtown when the action is "going down".

Archived