Greenville Bombers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody heard any rumors regarding the naming rights for the new west end ballpark?

I'd think it would be cool, if BMW and Michelin would invest in it, to see the park be named something like "Michelin Field at BMW Park."

Any other ideas anyone would care to float?

It sure would work with "Drive". :D

Can somebody get out and take some update pics of the new stadium. I sure would appreciate it. I haven't been by it in a while and was wondering what it looks like now.

I took some photos this past Saturday; however, I've either been too busy with work or too lazy to download them from the camera to the laptop :silly: Besides that, they weren't very good. Too much building and not enough view :D

I'll update the Ballpark Construction Thread soon. :thumbsup:

This one is a humorous look at the Bomber's naming contest.

Anyone heard anything new on the name? :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing these links, NYT! It looks like this guy Jim Hennigan and I were on the same wavelength as far as investigating the new name. :ph34r:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the name of the team is the Greenville Drive at this point though. Nate Lipscomb did reply back to me and didn't confirm this as the new name, but he did bet us lunch and game tickets that we'd agree it was a good choice once we heard the rationale behind the selection.

We should have a U.P. night at the new ballpark! Perhaps a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility before it opens to the public or something. That'd be cool.

Thanks for sharing these links, NYT! It looks like this guy Jim Hennigan and I were on the same wavelength as far as investigating the new name. :ph34r:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the name of the team is the Greenville Drive at this point though. Nate Lipscomb did reply back to me and didn't confirm this as the new name, but he did bet us lunch and game tickets that we'd agree it was a good choice once we heard the rationale behind the selection.

We should have a U.P. night at the new ballpark! Perhaps a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility before it opens to the public or something. That'd be cool.

I was thinking maybe you were Jim Hennigan.

Drive a homer.......Drive a man home.........Drive it out the stadium...........G-Drive...........The Drive has road rage tonight...........Drive em in the ground............Drive em out..............Honk, Honk..........Beep, Beep...........Drive it home..........

I'm not feeling it yet.

I did like the write up about their reasoning for the name, wish I liked the name.

"After considering literally dozens of possibilities," added Brown, "we felt the Greenville Drive best described the attitude and direction of this region. That the Upstate is also home to Michelin, BMW and the International Center for Automotive Research (ICAR) lends credibility to the name, and also provided creative inspiration for the new team logo."

This is just my own opinion, but that logo doesn't exactly look as inspired as it could have been. I suppose it will grow on me. The new lines and tail lights of the BMW 3-series and 5-series have finally started to, speaking of inspired design :silly: .

Archived