Tallahassee Titans

Attended my first Titans game last night. I'm not sure what to think. There must have been at least 40 penalties during the game. I don't think three plays went by without a penalty being called. I hope all games aren't like that. I'll probably go to a few more games, but a 50 minute first quarter and a nearly 3.5 hour game were a bit much.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Attended my first Titans game last night. I'm not sure what to think. There must have been at least 40 penalties during the game. I don't think three plays went by without a penalty being called. I hope all games aren't like that. I'll probably go to a few more games, but a 50 minute first quarter and a nearly 3.5 hour game were a bit much.

I have not been able to find a box score for the game to finally see how many penalties were called during the game. I estimated 40, but I found a Mississippi newspaper article about the game that mentioned that Mississippi had 38 penalties. I'm guessing Tallahassee had at least 20. I've never seen anything like it. I went back and checked box scores for a number of AIFA games this season and the highest number of penalties were in the low 20's for both teams combined. I don't know what it was about the other night, but it was unbelievable.

No idea myself. But this had to be one of the lightest attendances yet. I'd say between 4000-4500. I sat in the club seats and I didn't have my camera with me, but the drop off in attendance wasn't that bad given the Spring Break of local K-12 students and the loss last week.

On the up side, there appear to be many new people coming out each week for their first game. :) This was a good game, played more like an actual football game with more defense. I think the TITANs probably earned a few new fans this weekend.

They've got some really nice shirts and hats out now too! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Nooooooo! I do not understand how this happened. The Titans have one of the highest attendances in the league, the payroll is low ($200/player/game) and they use a lot of interns as staff. I guess the DLTC lease is killing them??? This is horrid news. If this team folds I doubt we will get another for between 5-7 years. I am tired of just having FSU /FAMU sports and nothing else... maybe I'll move... this is utter crap... :cry:

Nooooooo! I do not understand how this happened. The Titans have one of the highest attendances in the league, the payroll is low ($200/player/game) and they use a lot of interns as staff. I guess the DLTC lease is killing them??? This is horrid news. If this team folds I doubt we will get another for between 5-7 years. I am tired of just having FSU /FAMU sports and nothing else... maybe I'll move... this is utter crap... :cry:

They've done alot in the way of marketing and promotions. Look at the dancers, cheerleaders, Titan Man, product line, etc. Like you bahmo, I'm finding this very hard to figure as well. And while attendance numbers in Tallahassee are among the best in the entire league, I just wish we could get more butts int he seats. This team needs more media hype........

..............ya know-- the stuff Florida State sports get plenty of around here.

I don't know. I get the impression that not to many people like arena football. I've talked to some people about the game and they are like "yea it's not real football, each team scores every 5 minutes, it's not enjoyable" Shoot I think that it's more entertaining that way. It keeps you on the edge of your seats.

They've done alot in the way of marketing and promotions. Look at the dancers, cheerleaders, Titan Man, product line, etc. Like you bahmo, I'm finding this very hard to figure as well. And while attendance numbers in Tallahassee are among the best in the entire league, I just wish we could get more butts int he seats. This team needs more media hype........

..............ya know-- the stuff Florida State sports get plenty of around here.

Letter from the owner of the Tallahassee Titans, David Morris.

I would like to first thank everyone that is associated with the Tallahassee Titans and the people and fans of Tallahassee. There has been a flurry of discussion and comments this last week concerning financial health of the organization I brought to Tallahassee. I think it is time that everyone hears from me; this is the first business that I have ever started....... Have I made some mistakes? ........I think I have made several. I initial brought in a team of people that represented themselves as

There's a silver lining to every cloud! Great news I say!

I called the team yesterday and pledged $100 of support. Not wanting anything in return they said they would be recognizing the donors as Boosters. I like the thought of being a Titans Booster! :) Feels good. If any of you care about this team's success in Tallahassee I would encourage you all to give them a call and offer something as well.

One of the things that sticks with me is that he chose to bring the Titans to Tallahassee over Charlotte, NC and Baton Rouge, LA. That said alot to me. And if you ever go down to the team's office at the Civic Center and visit with the staff, they are so friendly and welcoming. I don't think the team has yet to recieve a proper welcome to Tallahassee despite the fact that they've already done so much for this community in brining entertainment to otherwise dull Saturday nights, winning lots of games, and giving Tallahassee exposure to communities we otherwise wouldn't have heard of.

I hope the guys keep up the good work. I do believe we will win a championship this year.

I think I am going to give $100.00 too. I am really glad they came to our city over the others you listed TJ. Tallahassee really does not have many entertainment options for those of us too old for the bar scene. I hope there are enough people who pony up some $$$ to have them stay in town.

Reading the articles surrounding the team's current situation one comment that stood out was someone from the Civic Center noting it would not look good for Tallahassee to lose the team. I think she is correct, it would make us look JV.

See ya'll at the game on Saturday!!! Go Titans!

Archived