Tallahassee Titans

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry to hear this.... :(

Titans hit with Second lawsuit

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...GNEWS/705040372

I really want to see them make it & continue to gain support from all throughout our region. I know it's a long trip but I am actually surprised to see that they're flying rather than taking a charter bus to Pittsburgh due to their current financial dilemma.

On a good note, The Titans are in the playoffs...Yeah!!! :yahoo:

They really need to be audited or fully disclose how they put themselves in this hole. I may not be all that interested in the Titans, but I do want them to succeed (in part because it may increase the odds of hockey returning). However, I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for them and the mess in which they find themselves.

1. How much start up capital did the owner contribute?

2. How much did they get from corporate or other donations?

3. How many season tickets were sold?

4. How much have they gotten for merchandise?

5. How much did the turf, padding, and equipment cost?

6. Where did the rest of the money go? They didn't pay for the cleaning or the signage, and they admitted that other vendors have not been paid. Player salaries only account for $4k/week. Did they take season ticket money and reimburse the owner for the franchise fee?

Prove to me that they didn't piss away thousands of dollars, and I will hope of their recovery. However, if they are simply incompetent, then they don't deserve to have a team and an ugly demise is inevitable.

Um, $13k is not pocket change for a local business. How long has the bill been unpaid? How likely are they to be paid anything when the Titans go bankrupt if they don't assert this claim now? The guy talked about how much he has given to the team and how he has supported them. Ultimately, it looks like he had to put an end to the charity for the health of his own company. Also, note how the team thinks it owes him only half as much as he claimed, so there is an obvious disagreement here that is not going to be solved on its own.

This whole pity party for the Titans is really getting on my nerves. They screwed the pooch so bad that they had to start begging for people to come before the first season was half-way through despite the fact that they already had the best attendance in the league. They got the money from the center, and they still can't pay salaries or vendors. Why does anyone believe that this will get better or that the same things won't happen next season?

They got $30,000 of their depost back only to have to turn right back around and pay the civic center most of what was earned on ticket sales from the last games. I'm sure you caught the article where the Civic Center claimed it only sold 2000 tickets to this last game and from that the Titan's only recieved $4500. The Civic Center got the rest, plus parking proceeds, plus concession proceeds.

The Civic Center expenses have been the biggest expense for this team. Sorry my article didn't meet your satisfaction. I called over 12 teams to get information that I put into that article, including our own. I understand in reporting I may have left out a few things, that may have been because I was tired after all of those interviews.

I guess I am not going to be getting my answers. http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...PORTS/705060335

So, while I am happy for the players and the team's fans, I remain suspicious and skeptical about management.

"Morris would not disclose the total amount of money or number of businesses that are owed. He said the Titans are auditing their expenses and do not want their debt known because it could affect negotiations with investors."

This is either poorly written, or he is talking to some pretty stupid investors.

Essentially, it is just like all the other articles: boy the first year is tough, don't worry we are going to pay everyone, we made some mistakes but learned our lessons. They obviously don't have the money now, so they either think that they will be getting some real soon or are just spinning to stall for time in the hopes that a local fan wins the lotto.

So, I'm seriously considering the purchase of a ticket to this AWAY game at Lakeland. Am I crazy for being so interested, but I think the Titans are seriously going to win the champioinship! This next game would solidify 2nd place behind Mississippi, and possibly 1st if Mississippi loses again.

I think they said the tickets were $7. I'm a bit nerovous, but am I crazy for wanting to do this?

^ Get a group of friends together and make it a road trip! Going to away games are fun. I thought about heading down also but since I'll be on the road for work this week I want to spend the weekend home.

If you go, we want a full report from behind enemy lines!

I posted this on the Democrat Page: Titan's Boosters

Soon the Titan's will be rolling out their Titan's Booster program where True Fans can purchase packages. I've been told they'll have three different levels, blue, gold, and platinum.

Blue: $100, Comes with: Membership card, parking decal, monthly subscription to Team news letter, name listed as sponsor of team in publications. (Team T-Shirt?)

Gold: $500, Comes with 10% discount on tickets and merchandise, preferred seating, Titan's license plate, and Blue package (may include more, I'm going off the top of my head (Team Hat?))

Platinum: $1000, Invitation to Annual Booster-Team dinner (2 tickets), A nice Titan's polo, 15% off tickets and merchandise, preferred seating for all games, including play-offs, 120-150 page team Media Catelouge. (Could include more, I'm having a hard time remembering). + Blue, Gold.

I'm very excited about the Titan's future in Tallahassee, and it feels good to have a team around that EVERYONE who loves Tallahassee can support!

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to absolutely kill me to miss the final regular season home game. I'd planned my weekend to be with family, as I hardly have the opportunity (although most of us live in Tallahassee, we only see each other in Mississippi, don't ask why).

I'm going to have a lifesized cutout of myself made, will you take it to the game and hold it up each time the team scores, Monti? :blush::dunno:

Archived