Tallahassee Titans

Another thing to note: I told the woman on the phone that I'm glad the owner made the information public when he did and not wait until the last second to try to save the team. We could have easily seen them try to close out the season, this man having lost all of his money in the first year of operation and close the doors. But he put out his hand for some help and those of us who love the team are going to step up and help out. Because as you said Monti- it does make Tallahassee look bad when we can't support a team like this.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Democrat this morning: "The Titans had hoped to pay off some bills with revenue from Friday's game, but the team received $4,234 - roughly $25,000 less than what was expected - after expenses were paid to the Civic Center."

Who is the financial director for the Titans and were they previously employed at Enron? I would like to know how they received roughly $20,000.00 less than they anticipated in revenue from the Lakeland game. Something is rotten at the DLTCC! :dunno:

I was checking the Titan's website and noticed they have a Thursday game coming up. This is new to their schedule, likely a modification. But the thing that bothered me most about this particular finding was that it is being played AWAY in North Carolina -- Recall the Titan's played their very first game AWAY at North Carolina so it would seem Carolina owes Tallahassee a visit.

I'll be calling about this tomorrow. As a season ticket holder, I feel I deserve an explaination.

Archived