The Point

gs3

And the Cheese Selection....AMAZING! Combine Whole Foods Market with Total Wine & More across the street and I can now see why the in-laws decided to join 'em rather than try to beat 'em.

I still think EarthFare has them beat in the Cheese department.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think EarthFare has them beat in the Cheese department.

I dunno...I've been in the Earth Fare over off of Pelham. Compared to Whole Foods, I just wasn't impressed. My wife did notice something missing from Whole Foods cheese selection though...and they couldn't even promise to get it, which was a bummer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone noticed that Staybridge Suites is being built at the Point?? It's about 2 lots down from Blue Fire Grill. I'm kind of suprised that it is that far off the road....unless something big is planned back there... :huh:

Someone want to get some construction pics?????

I'll contribute some. I was over at Doc Chey's last night for dinner, but didn't manage to get any pics. We're going to Whole Foods to grocery shop this evening, so I'll try to get some then. :thumbsup:

I think Earth Fare is great! :thumbsup:

Besides hating the horrendous Woodruff Rd. traffic associated with a WholeFoods visit, I've discovered WF doesn't carry a specialty vegetarian item I rely on. Oh, well... we have EarthFare and Garner's, which are both *terrific*, and I also shop the FreshMarket semi-regularly.

I'm really just thrilled that Greenville is now of a size where we have a niche for all these retailers.

(Edited... fat finger disease ;) )

Besides hating the horrendous Woodruff Rd. traffic associated with a WholeFoods visit, I've discovered WF doesn't carry a specialty vegetarian item I rely on. Oh, well... we have EarthFare and Garner's, which are both *terrific*, and I also shop the FreshMarket semi-regularly.

I'm really just thrilled that Greenville is now of a size where we have a niche for all these retailers.

(Edited... fat finger disease ;) )

What is the "specialty vegetarian item" you rely on?

I've found that Whole Foods is very good about getting items in stock that I may be seeking. My wife had voiced some concern about a particular cheese that she used to find stocked at W&CEx and (amazingly enough) didn't find at Whole Foods' cheese bar a while back. Within a couple of weeks, they were stocking it. Sometimes, you've just gotta go to the customer service desk and let them know. :thumbsup:

They have a 30 foot tall wall of wine, with a lirbary style latter. The higher the wine the more expensive the wine. Anyway idea is that becuase when you order a wine everybody can see them walk up the latter to fetch your wine that more people will buy expensive wines knowing that everybody in the restaurant will know that is what they did.

Archived