The Point

gs3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family and I went to Doc Chey's for dinner this evening and then went over to Whole Foods Market to do some grocery shopping.

Wow, was I impressed. Their Produce Department and Cheese Bar are amazing! The seafood counter was pretty impressive, too, especially considering our geographic location. There was a Pasta Bar, a Pizza Bar, a BBQ Station, etc., etc., it goes on and on. This place rocks!

Here are a couple of interesting tidbits learned this evening:

• Doc Chey's will be opening a second location in the West End, between Falls Park and West End Field (the specific location was not shared with me).

• Opening Day Sales at Whole Foods Market shattered regional records for opening day sales.

• Whole Foods Markets take roughly two years to plan; however, there will be at least one more Greenville location within the next couple of years and it will most likely be on the North End of Town (Cherrydale area)...all I had to say to that was YAY!!! :yahoo:

Whole Foods at Cherrydale? I actually think that makes a lot of sense, and could be great for that area. I would really like to see one downtown or in the West End though. If my dream of having a 2-3 story Border's at the corner of Main and Washington doesn't happen, a Whole Foods right there would be great.

My family and I went to Doc Chey's for dinner this evening and then went over to Whole Foods Market to do some grocery shopping.

Wow, was I impressed. Their Produce Department and Cheese Bar are amazing! The seafood counter was pretty impressive, too, especially considering our geographic location. There was a Pasta Bar, a Pizza Bar, a BBQ Station, etc., etc., it goes on and on. This place rocks!

Here are a couple of interesting tidbits learned this evening:

• Doc Chey's will be opening a second location in the West End, between Falls Park and West End Field (the specific location was not shared with me).

• Opening Day Sales at Whole Foods Market shattered regional records for opening day sales.

• Whole Foods Markets take roughly two years to plan; however, there will be at least one more Greenville location within the next couple of years and it will most likely be on the North End of Town (Cherrydale area)...all I had to say to that was YAY!!! :yahoo:

Whole Foods at Cherrydale is a SMART move! With all these multi million dollar homes going up in the new Cliffs community, this makes perfect sense. Highway 25 is the next Woodruff (not the traffic I hope, just the good shopping / restaurants).

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be curious where Whole Foods Greenville opening ranks in the company. I heard it was VERY successful. The place is always packed. :thumbsup: Another one downtown would be perfect! Hope downtown is on their radar screen.

I'd be curious where Whole Foods Greenville opening ranks in the company. I heard it was VERY successful. The place is always packed. :thumbsup: Another one downtown would be perfect! Hope downtown is on their radar screen.

Why would you want a Whole Foods downtown when you could have a Piggly Wiggly (or their barn-style chain, Newton Farms) instead? :lol:

Whole Foods would be a great fit in the West End, IMO.

[*]Whole Foods Markets take roughly two years to plan; however, there will be at least one more Greenville location within the next couple of years and it will most likely be on the North End of Town (Cherrydale area)...all I had to say to that was YAY!!! :yahoo:

Is farther north on Poinsett Highway a more likely location? Both the old Ingle's and empty land across University Square are worthy sites for one.

Why would you want a Whole Foods downtown when you could have a Piggly Wiggly (or their barn-style chain, Newton Farms) instead? :lol:

Whole Foods would be a great fit in the West End, IMO.

Tough decision. :rofl: Kinda like choosing Grey Goose vodka or Schlitz beer. :rofl:

Is farther north on Poinsett Highway a more likely location? Both the old Ingle's and empty land across University Square are worthy sites for one.

It could very well be. All he really said, if I recall the quote exactly, was "in the Cherrydale Area." I couldn't figure out where in the immediate vacinity of Cherrydale it would go, so the old Ingles or the property across from University Square make the most sense to me, too.

Anybody been by the Point lately? I was there yesterday and the new restaurant, which I believe will be Bluefire is looking great. You can tell by the architecture it will be very contemporary/mod. Anybody have any additional info about this company?

I noticed recently that the Crescent Center was for sale again, but this time in pieces. And its being marketed towards retail as well as other uses. I remember hearing that the Crescent Center is one of the sites that Bass Pro Shop looked at in the past. I could see retail working well for parts of it.

It could very well be. All he really said, if I recall the quote exactly, was "in the Cherrydale Area." I couldn't figure out where in the immediate vacinity of Cherrydale it would go, so the old Ingles or the property across from University Square make the most sense to me, too.

I believe the property you are referring to, across Poinsett Highway from University Square, has been purchased by my church (or at least a large part of it) and in the future there will be a church structure on that site.

I believe the property you are referring to, across Poinsett Highway from University Square, has been purchased by my church (or at least a large part of it) and in the future there will be a church structure on that site.

66+/- acres is a lot of property for a church! :blink:

As of today, the city has approved Azia, Fleming's, and the Staybridge Suites designs. Construction of them should start in the next few months, although i'm not totally sure about that. Blue Fire Grill will most likely open in 2-3 months by the way it looked driving by there yesterday.

Congrats! I'm glad the Whole Food debut was a bang!

I've never seen a barbecue and smoked meat station at any other store. YUM! ;)

I have never seen dry aged beef in a grocery store before. And the Mushroom selection. They have Mushrooms that are $49.99/ pound.

Archived