Wachovia South Tryon Projects

Southend

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we need to worry about pre-sales for the condo tower.

As far as a complete disclosure with renderings, I'm going to speculate that it will be the second week of November.

According to a guy I work with (my job is his second job) who also works at Wachovia, they have already released pre-sales figures to employees. He said he couldn't afford a condo there, so he didn't really read into the message much. Can anybody that works for WB on here verify?

Well wouldnt you have to get the base dimensions of the westin and the base dimanesions of westin

compare the depth and the length and width, and add hiegth to the westin times whatever wachovias base

is times like a fraction and add a few floors to the westin.

Wow, Im going to stop now.

How tall is the Westin? Maybe we can figure out how deep they are that way.

Downtown10-53.jpg

and are they re-doing the entrance to the other wach tower?

Downtown10-50.jpg

Well wouldnt you have to get the base dimensions of the westin and the base dimanesions of westin

compare the depth and the length and width, and add hiegth to the westin times whatever wachovias base

is times like a fraction and add a few floors to the westin.

Wow, Im going to stop now.

Yipes! I'd rather just break out the ol' tape measure. Or maybe somebody on the 'inside' could just ask how deep the hole is and/or how deep it will get if not already maxed out.

It would also be nearly impossible to figure the depth of the hole by the height of the Westin in this photograph. Too many varibles. Distance from the Westin to the photographer, elevation of the camera, elevation change from the Westin to the Wachovia site, angle looking down into the hole. Ok not nearly impossible, just very hard. I'd say you'd be better off to estimate the depth from something of reference in the hole, like say, that truck.

No new renderings tonight...but an interesting factoid that Bob Bertges threw out at the meeitng about the new Wachovia Tower. The reason it is so tall for a 46 story building is that the first 5 floors have 20 ft floors. This is due to the lobby being on the first floor...and then the trading floor on the 4 floors above that.

How tall is it?

No new renderings tonight...but an interesting factoid that Bob Bertges threw out at the meeitng about the new Wachovia Tower. The reason it is so tall for a 46 story building is that the first 5 floors have 20 ft floors. This is due to the lobby being on the first floor...and then the trading floor on the 4 floors above that.

764 feet

That is not bad, considering it will be over 100ft taller than the Hearst. It will be just shy of the height of the BofA tower minus the crown. It will definately have a nice look on the skyline. It will balance out the South Tryon side of our skyline nicely.

A2

That's going to be cool. 20 ft ceilings on the 4 trading floors sure beats what the trading floors at One Wachovia have now. It's going to be real interesting what tihey will look like on the inside. Judging by how much $$$ is being being put on this bldg, I'm guessing it will be all "pimped" out, as in spare no expenses. It'll be a trader's dream (other than making $$$)

Back in the early 90s a wonderful article in Southern Living Magazine featured Uptown Charlotte with the heading "Charlotte Aspires with Art and Architecture". The author of the article referred to the building currently known as Wachovia 1 as "shallow grandeur".

I like how Wach 1 looks from the Southend, but I can't stand it from due West or due East. I hope the new Wachovia tower will be a refreshing change from southern Uptown's hodgepodge of towers.

Archived