Wachovia South Tryon Projects

Southend

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really am an optomistic guy Dale, I swear. :)

Just looking at the reality of the stuation. I pray that I am wrong and that somehow we can avoid the inevidble, but unfortunately can't see a clear cut way out. Asset prices will deflate, and unfortunately this might be the end of the good times for a while.

Here is a good read. Although it is investment oriented, it gives a general synopsis of the consumer and the crisis that will tip us over the edge in the coming months and years to follow.

http://www.howestreet.com/articles/index.p...article_id=2985

All things happen in cycles. Markets, Seasons, and even Life. We are just going through a change. The first frost will arrive before you know it, perhaps as early and the first part of 2007 (I am speaking metaphorically of course). I truly think that the situation becomes quite dire in 2008-2012 when I expect to see the Economy slip into a prolonged winter. This gets into the Kondratieff Wave studies. Even the most estute and learned economists try not too mention this since it scares too many. There are certain schools of thought and theory, specifically the with Austrians that dive into this subject in more detail. Too be honest I try not to make my posts on UP a study in Econ, but rather "tie in" the macro picture with my true love affair with building a better urban experience.

Keynesian Economics is only one side of thought behind total economic theory and study. Unfortunately, it is the only one that is "sold" to the American Public, and as such, is only a part of a whole.

K-Cycles are real and we are entering a convergence on three major evens a 4,8 ,and 72 year cycle all culminating together at one apex. That time is fast approching. The coming Real Estate crisis just might be the tipping point for the cycles to fully manifest. According to all the advanced models and studies that I am invoved in currently I see a LARGE correction in not only Real Estate, but HUGE declines in the Equity and Bond Markets before March-April of 2007. I am just speaking to the technical side. It could happen a little sooner or a little later, but my point is that all the cycles are converging together.

Another thing to ponder is based on DOW Thoery. Right now there is a non-confirmation between the DOW Jones Industrial Average (which everyone references) and the DOW Transports (which most never see). The point is that EACH HAS TO CONFIRM THE OTHER, in order to confirm the trend. Well in May the Transports cratered (along with the DOW to an extent), BUT the DOW has slowly worked its way back on VERY LOW VOLUME, but the transports are still sucking wind. This is a SERIOUS disconnect and should be viewed as a warning to all the the overall Indexes are being "manipulated" as to creat a sense of calm. REMEMBER: THE DOW IS ONLY 30 STOCKS.

These stocks can easily be manipulated by the FED, and the Gov't with a few billion each day to have the appearance that all is alright. This is not understood by most and unfortunately many don't realize that our markets are not free, but fixed. They even have a name for the group the PPT or, better known as the Plunge Protection Team. This team was formed after the Crash in 1987. Basically it allows Government Bodies (ie the US Treasury), The SEC, and the FED to act on the behalf of the market in the event of a sell off or panic. It gives them total liberty to MANIPULATE a market that is touted as being free. ;)

Dont believe me:

http://www.rense.com/general52/secretsoftheplunge.htm

AS FOR THE NON CONFIRMATION:

(I hope this works)

Last 3 months of the Trasnsports:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24TRAN

Last 3 months of the DOW (the one the Public watches)

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$INDU

Notice a contridiction. I thought so. I have never seen a disconnect so obvious. Kind of shocking. It really shows the power of manipulation by a few of the Elite who are prepared to make it appear all is well in the public eye. Something about the Novemeber Elections coming up might be one such reason why the numbers are being heavily massaged.

Anyway back to topic.

The Tower will be under 800 feet tall and 46 floors. This I know for FACT. Sorry to burst anymore bubbles (pun intended)

A2

The timeframe for the funding agreement stipulates that the municipalities have to have everything signed by October 31st and that Wachovia has to have financing for the cultural arts package by December 31st, or the deal terminates....so my guess is we will see something in October.

Maybe patching some holes in the retaining wall? They did this in a couple spots at Epicenter.

^^^^That was the reason ^^^

I saw this in action from many floors up today. They are having to reinforce some of the sides since the hole is so incredibly deep. There are probably concerns of a wall collapsing for lack of support. I would have to say that this is the Biggest and Deepest hole ever dug in Uptown by far.

From on high the thing is freggin massive. It almost looks like it is the footprint for a building the size of the Sears Tower or (let's remember the fallen here...) one of the World Trade Towers, it is HUGE!!! (outside of Dee Dee's hole I have seen none larger :P )

A2

^^^^That was the reason ^^^

I saw this in action from many floors up today. They are having to reinforce some of the sides since the hole is so incredibly deep. There are probably concerns of a wall collapsing for lack of support. I would have to say that this is the Biggest and Deepest hole ever dug in Uptown by far.

From on high the thing is freggin massive. It almost looks like it is the footprint for a building the size of the Sears Tower or (let's remember the fallen here...) one of the World Trade Towers, it is HUGE!!! (outside of Dee Dee's hole I have seen none larger :P )

A2

Ummmm, pictures please.......... At least get me up there to take them for you ;)

Speaking of cams, I wish Wachovia would spend the twenty bucks to put a webcam looking down at the site from Two Wachovia. The CO cam only shows half the site and looks straight across rather than downward. This shot will probably get very boring after the first five stories of both buildings are built.

I'm not saying get rid of the present cam, as that is a Charlotte Observer cam anyway and I believe it is no way affiliated with Wachovia, it just happens to be right across the street from the project. Trademark is in that shot yes, but it's hard to see progress on that cam anyway.

arrg. I keep coming here hoping to see some real renderings and finding the usual chit chat. Nothing wrong with that of course but how can they have some huge hole in the ground but still only have a rendering that looks like my kids did it with water colors?
Unlike proposed condo towers, banks have no interest in sensationalizing property until they are ready to make their move. A bank's success depends on it's stainless reputation and canceling an already announced project makes them look bad. It's reputation is really the only thing it has to sell to the public. If it wasn't for UrbanPlanet, we would not even have confirmation the rendering in question was real. If it wasn't for the fact they are asking for public money for part of the project we probably wouldn't know much about it at all considering how these things went in the past.

The BofA tower, for example, was a surprise as McColl announced it would be 60 stories long after it was assumed to be 42-45. People assume this had something to do with First Union, but he was really trying to have the one up on C&S in Atlanta which was also building a tower at the same time. C&S because of this announcement was forced to bolt that ugly Christmas tree on the top of their building in Atlanta in order to trump McColl's move. Of course McColl had the last laugh as he took over C&S and that is now the BofA tower.

If history is an indication, then I would not count out a tricky announcement from either bank.

Just to review, here is the current timetable:

September 12th: MeckCo receives and discusses presentations from Wachovia, ASC, Great Charlotte Hospitality and the Rental Car industry.

September 19th: Public hearing on Rental Car Tax Increase

September 19- October 31st: Approve Rental Car Tax Increase

November 1- December 1: Rental Car Tax Increase takes effect

December 31: Deadline for Arts Projects financing. If there is no financing in place by this time then Wachovia will procede to build their new tower w/o the arts projects.

Also MeckCo staff is recommending a 5 cent increase in the rental car tax. 4 cents of that goes to pay for the capital costs of the building and the extra cent goes to pay for some of the maintenance costs. They don't want MeckCo to be partial owners of the new arts facilities. Under the current draft MeckCo would be a 30% owner in the new arts facilities. They want Charlotte to sell them Spirit Square and Marshall Park in exchange for the 30% ownership. That would mean that MeckCo would have sole ownership of Spirit Square and Charlotte would have sole ownership of the new arts facilities.

Of course that all ties into the basball plan and in MeckCo staff's view makes the baseball plan a little easier to do.

Unlike proposed condo towers, banks have no interest in sensationalizing property until they are ready to make their move. A bank's success depends on it's stainless reputation and canceling an already announced project makes them look bad. It's reputation is really the only thing it has to sell to the public. If it wasn't for UrbanPlanet, we would not even have confirmation the rendering in question was real. If it wasn't for the fact they are asking for public money for part of the project we probably wouldn't know much about it at all considering how these things went in the past.

The BofA tower, for example, was a surprise as McColl announced it would be 60 stories long after it was assumed to be 42-45. People assume this had something to do with First Union, but he was really trying to have the one up on C&S in Atlanta which was also building a tower at the same time. C&S because of this announcement was forced to bolt that ugly Christmas tree on the top of their building in Atlanta in order to trump McColl's move. Of course McColl had the last laugh as he took over C&S and that is now the BofA tower.

If history is an indication, then I would not count out a tricky announcement from either bank.

So are you expecting some increase in height?

And by the way, we have a Christmas tree, you have a chandalier. Atlanta's BOA crown looks like it was meant to be there but looks unfinished. BOA Charlotte looks sort of finished but looks like an afterthought on top. Neither looks great in the daytime but both look incredible at night.

Neither looks great in the daytime but both look incredible at night.

I tend to disagree with you on this. The CLT BofA tower looks great in the daylight when the sun catches it right and it is impressive at night. It is a matter of opinion, but I think if you read through the comments on this and other forums you will find that most think it is a stunning building.

Other than size, there isn't much you can say about the ATL BofA as it has about the same design to it as a Holiday Inn. And when they light it up at night it reminds me of a burning cigarette. IMO the best tower in Atlanta is the Westin Peachtree Center.

Archived