Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

2 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Wild. This project is absolutely bananas. I am not sure what the status is but they were still filing things as of late October.

image.thumb.png.85060a825f9346b41767785b67bdc48f.png

To me, the most exciting thing about this is that it looks like they're planning for continuation/extension of that pedestrian/bike trail that currently ends on the north side of 25th. I don't know if the city gets the credit for making them do it, vis a vis site approvals, or if the developers themselves realized it would be a boon to the neighborhood, but however it came about, fantastic!

• Like 1

I really hope this comes to fruition.  With some of the other developments around this area like The Joinery there is a real pedestrian prioritized focus.  That plus the density that is going up all down the light rail from Optimist Park through Noda, this stretch has so much potential.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

I do know both projects will have pedestrian pathways along the creek that'll connect to the 25th street bridge.

Idk what it is but this area seems to have much more foresight in its planning and cooperation between developers.

21 hours ago, CLT Development said:

This development (Trinsic) and Spacecraft are both being developed by people born in Charlotte and they've both had a dialogue with one another. I also think the county has some requirements along the creek for the Cross Charlotte trail to eventually go behind all these buildings 

At one point there was a plan to have Cross Charlotte trail cross where the creek does on Davidson and continue that way. Have not heard about it for a few years though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desert Power said:

At one point there was a plan to have Cross Charlotte trail cross where the creek does on Davidson and continue that way. Have not heard about it for a few years though.

That section was completed last year by the city. I had not heard anything about the county as they didn’t have any part in building this section of the cross Charlotte trail. I’ll ask around though because it’s an excellent idea either way.  

https://www.charlottenc.gov/Growth-and-Development/Projects/XCLT/XCLT-DavidsontoMatheson

Edited by MothBeast

On 12/28/2023 at 5:25 PM, MothBeast said:

That section was completed last year by the city. I had not heard anything about the county as they didn’t have any part in building this section of the cross Charlotte trail. I’ll ask around though because it’s an excellent idea either way.  

https://www.charlottenc.gov/Growth-and-Development/Projects/XCLT/XCLT-DavidsontoMatheson

Yep. Could be mistaken, but thought crossed there in an earlier design. Always a fan of more bike/ped infrastructure.

Something called "PERSPECTIVE CAPITAL COMPANY LLC" owns those lots next to Little Sugar Creek.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Yep. Could be mistaken, but thought crossed there in an earlier design. Always a fan of more bike/ped infrastructure.

Something called "PERSPECTIVE CAPITAL COMPANY LLC" owns those lots next to Little Sugar Creek.

I saw that, and for the first time ever, nothing comes up when I do an LLC search on the NC Sec of State page. 4.778 6.1 acres on both sides of the creek, I wish I owned that. Wild that they own all that and just cut the grass a few times a year.

image.thumb.png.e967f1db7a4e6d6279b24cda56ea79d6.png

Edit: went down a rabbit hole of LLCs to tie this one to thishttps://www.nobleinvestment.com/hospitality-investment-atlanta and somehow also  https://www.belongnc.org/the-need

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, videtur quam contuor said:

Try an internet search of the company LLC name. I see a Pittsburgh investment company.

if you do an internet search you will find the same name in Pittsburgh, Utica, Springfield, MA and more. I found the LLC that owns the address that PERSPECTIVE CAPITAL is registered to in NC and then found current tenants in the buildings that were on the corp addresses and mailing addresses.