Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

The city has to approve it so the city could ask them to redesign it. Norfolk has done that before. Just like the city of Norfolk told the company to make a building taller instead of those midrise buildings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To which project are you referring?

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Towncenter Phase III will be discussed in the public comments section of tommorrows council meeting, however the specific agenda item to be discussed has not been mentioned. I'll try to provide more details as they become availiable.

Sounds exciting! Let's see, phase III should include the Westin, the Performing Arts Center, some retail aspect (I think where the little houses are located). I am guessing it would also include the new office tower (awesome!) and hopefully the parcels of land where TB/Pilot are now located. :rolleyes:

Towncenter Phase III will be discussed in the public comments section of tommorrows council meeting, however the specific agenda item to be discussed has not been mentioned. I'll try to provide more details as they become availiable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that was quick.

Some highlights:

Westin is now listed as 38 stories (here we go again :rolleyes: )

8/23/05-Council formal briefing and public comment

9/6/05-Council vote on development agreement

9/15/05-VBDA vote on development agreement (seems a bit backwards doesn't it?)

Pedestrian bridge to be built connecting Dicks to the Westin.

75,000 to 100,000 square foot multi-story building with loft residential proposed for block 9, construction to begin in Fall of '08 and to be completed Fall of '09.

link to further details.

Well that was quick.

Some highlights:

Westin is now listed as 38 stories (here we go again  :rolleyes: )

8/23/05-Council formal briefing and public comment

9/6/05-Council vote on development agreement

9/15/05-VBDA vote on development agreement (seems a bit backwards doesn't it?)

Pedestrian bridge to be built connecting Dicks to the Westin.

75,000 to 100,000 square foot  multi-story building with loft residential proposed for block 9, construction to begin in Fall of '08 and to be completed Fall of '09.

link to further details.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. Is that rendering of the Westin the same? or is it now 38 stories? I would count it but you guys seem to be better at that, lol. I wish the TC website would be finished already!

Cool. Is that rendering of the Westin the same? or is it now 38 stories? I would count it but you guys seem to be better at that, lol. I wish the TC website would be finished already!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't count floors, I went by the actual development agreement itself that listed the Westin as 38 stories on page 6.

I still hope sooner than not that they build a pedestrian bridge over VB BLVD to link with more retail or an office tower on the other side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to ask the same question but you beat me to it. I remember they where talking about a ped bridge from pembroke mall to the TC. I haven't heard too much on it in a while so is it going to come about? They really need it cause that is a very dangerous roadway! I can forsee lots of accidents from people trying to cross there. :o

because I wasnt there to watch it go in, I have some questions for you guys.  Did they drive any piles in for the Dick's building and parking garage?  If they did, expect a future tower to be on top of that garage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should know since I drive by everyday .. but :D .. well, it seems they did but I am not certain. Anyone else remember? It seems like eons ago but really it wasn't all that long ago when it was built.

because I wasnt there to watch it go in, I have some questions for you guys.  Did they drive any piles in for the Dick's building and parking garage?  If they did, expect a future tower to be on top of that garage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what makes you think they will put a tower on top of the dicks garage?

I managed to get home just as the TC briefing was ending so no update as of yet. The meeting was recorded however and should be posted online by tommorrow or thursday. I will post a link here when it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok guys, the briefing is up. Scroll down to Public briefing/ Town Center Phase 3 and click "view council index". Unfortunately I'm at work right now and can't watch it and give you a summary. Perhaps someone else can though. :whistling: .

Ok guys, the briefing is up. Scroll down to Public briefing/ Town Center Phase 3 and click "view council index". Unfortunately I'm at work right now and can't watch it and give you a summary. Perhaps someone else can though.  :whistling: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm at work too! Can't play things like that on corporate computers! :o

Archived